Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,368 times

Advertisements

Hi! I and my friends are planning on a trip to UTAH this Memorial Weekend and we are staying at Aspen Hollow at Duck Creek Village and accdng to map it's like in the middle of the parks. We are trying to figure out the best possible way that we can see the best pars of UTAH those 3 days.. We are coming from Vegas Friday night. It's our first time to visit UTAH. Any suggestion? Puhleezz?
Thanks a lot! any suggestion will be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM

243 posts, read 630,203 times
At Duck Creek you are pretty close to both Bryce and Zion, but you really should plan for an entire day at each of them. That leaves you 1 day with your choice of other parks or monuments. You can be in Capitol Reef in about 2.5 hours, which I highly recommend. I actually like Capitol reef more than any other park in the state. You are about 4 hours from Arches, so I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you are absolutely dying to see it. Arches is pretty cool. There is also a lot of country in Escalante, which is pretty close to Duck Creek. If it were me doing the trip I would spend a day at capitol reef, a day at Zion, and a day hiking the Escalante back country.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM

224 posts, read 641,212 times
Duck Creek would be good for visiting Zion and Bryce. I wouldn't go any further than that, too much driving and Zion needs at least two days anyway.

You will probably go up hwy 14 to get to Duck Creek. Lucky for you they will be opening it temporarily for the weekend, but there is a short section that will be dirt.

Next day head to Bryce. Spend all day there, watch sunset there, but be careful of deer on the drive back.

Then you can relax, go see Cedar Breaks and Brian Head or visit Zion on Sunday.

On Monday leave early and plan to spend most of the day at Zion before driving back to LV.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM

404 posts, read 1,198,879 times
In Soringdale, go to Oscar's for a burger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: