Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,605,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
There are certainly cities that have a hard time overcoming this problem. To think of some of the worst, I suppose Detroit, Gary, St. Louis, etc. come to mind.

On a side note, Denver is no angel for how it deals with its own issues of poverty and high crime. Their ideas of fighting poverty are to push them out and build fancy houses for new money. If they can't do that, then they ignore it. They were especially hard on homeless folks during the whole occupy movement, which homeless people really had no hand in here. They were the ones that paid for it what with the new law criminalizing sleeping outside.

The cops here are for the most part a joke. They prefer to drive around at all hours and pull over innocent people and harass them for no reason rather than actually patrolling high crime areas looking for real criminals and trying to find criminals who get away with this crap.

That's because Denver prefers to pretend it doesn't exist and pay journalist to talk about how great Denver is.

I don't mean to sound bitter. It's true that I can't stand this place and really want to leave. I also get tired of this city portraying this place as something it's not. Every city has problems and if Denver would admit that it's no different, imagine the possibilities for actually making progress.
I've also heard that Denver's job market isn't as great as what people are led to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
I've also heard that Denver's job market isn't as great as what people are led to believe.
Don't believe everything you hear.

Boulder County Economy Helping State Recovery Efforts | KUNC
**“We actually saw the employment level during the recession fall as low as 1.34 million in January 2010. But Denver-Boulder has officially reached its pre-recession employment levels, with employment at more than 1.4 million jobs in December. That’s according to an analysis by CU Leeds School of Business economist Brian Lewandowski. And that employment level is the highest since April 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning