Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 07:51 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times

Advertisements

I dreamt of a departed loved one.....................In the dream I saw a closet full of clothing that looked exactly like what he used to wear to work & on days when he was running errands.

The dream ended with a reminder for me to not dwell on the dream (I'm serious.)

This made me think that my departed loved one might be re-incarnating. OR he's just sending a message to me when I needed to hear it.

I felt his presence not too long ago when the last thing on my mind was matters spiritual.

Just wanted to share....I have a lot going on but this felt like a wonderful gift from the universe.

You thoughts and opinions welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2023, 10:48 AM

971 posts, read 533,657 times
My thought is that you follow the message in the dream, don't dwell on it. It was a nice visit for you to remember him. Sometimes we keep the people we love who have passed stuck because we can't let them go.

Old 07-05-2023, 10:54 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
I had nearly the exact same dream once, about a dear relative who departed earth way too early, except he was wearing his signature rugby shirt top. He beckoned to me from a place he was standing and also told me something to the effect on don't dwell on "it."

The clothing was a very prominent part of the dream for whatever reason.

Old 07-06-2023, 04:28 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
Sometimes we keep the people we love who have passed stuck because we can't let them go.
Somehow I don't think we have that kind of power over those who have progressed to the next realm. They most likely come and go as they please.

Old 07-06-2023, 04:59 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
For me, dreams have always been my subconscious attempting to work things out that I don’t want to face. I think I’ve had one dream about my husband and it was during my ill-fated grief therapy phase, where she fired me. And I think essentially regardless of what she was saying to me, the moves I was making during my grief were spot on. I was healing. It’s messy, there’s missteps, it’s grief. I have since never dreamed about my husband again.

Contrast that with my mother, where I was having them ALL THE TIME. Because I was not dealing with my grief. I was pushing it away. I was “trying to be strong“.

Failing utterly. My late husband thought therapy was stupid. Ridiculous useless claptrap. He told me I needed therapy. I didn’t go. All of the dreams that I had about my mother were extremely upsetting to me because I wasn’t allowing myself to be upset in my waking life. I did grief SO badly with my mother, that I knew exactly not what to do when I lost my husband.

But, and I stress this, that’s me. Other people do feel they receive messages through dreams, and just because I don’t doesn’t mean they don’t. Who am I to say? I am just giving you a different take on it.

Old 07-13-2023, 10:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
I posted this when it happened years ago.
Don't remember when it actually was, other than to say it was many years after my partner passed.
When he was living he often told me that he wished he could have been a teacher.
Being from a poor family, that kind of education was out of reach for him.

Long after he passed. i had a dream that i was sitting on this grassy knoll.
it was so green, the color was dynamic.
My partner came up behind me and raised me up from the ground.
He took my hand and together we walked into the building behind me.
I heard him say, "bobby, i want to show you something."
He took me into this room that appeared to be a class room, sat me down in the rear of the room, and he proceeded to the front of the room.
It was then I realized he was the teacher, and this was his class.
When he began to speak to the class, i began to cry.
I was so happy for him.
He had achieved in death what he never could in this life.
When i woke, i was crying, and knew this was his way of telling me he was happy and for me to not worry.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:27 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Clothing is a representation of the persona (not the inner person). Clothing is worn, changed, and removed as needed. That might clarify things for some.

I am of the opinion that Tallysmom is correct in having to face grief and experience it to come to a better place. It is messy, it can be difficult, and there can be times of relief. If using a therapist to help with grief, it is important to have the right therapist for you. A good one can be a great help. One who is not ...

There are indications that people do pick up after a death. How those are handled are up to the person seeing or experiencing them.

Old 07-13-2023, 05:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Thank you for the replies.

BTW I just remembered, during a terrible year for me, this same departed loved one showed up in a dream in a particular set of clothes- I remember all this accurately b/c he wore those clothes during a year he was very busy with some specific work activities. I now realize that specific dream was his way of saying "I'm always here."

Old 07-14-2023, 12:25 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
I dreamt of a departed loved one.....................In the dream I saw a closet full of clothing that looked exactly like what he used to wear to work & on days when he was running errands.

The dream ended with a reminder for me to not dwell on the dream (I'm serious.)

This made me think that my departed loved one might be re-incarnating. OR he's just sending a message to me when I needed to hear it.

I felt his presence not too long ago when the last thing on my mind was matters spiritual.

Just wanted to share....I have a lot going on but this felt like a wonderful gift from the universe.

You thoughts and opinions welcome.
The dream reminded you not to dwell on the dreams - and you posted the dream on a public forum?

I think the dream means - to be practical - reduce your wishes and wants - live a simple and minimalistic life and don’t bite more than you can chew on.

Old 07-16-2023, 10:33 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
Strictly from a dream analysis POV:

The dream you described is a classic example of a "visitation dream." These dreams are often very vivid and emotionally intense, and they can be a way for the dreamer to connect with the deceased loved one on a spiritual level.

In your dream, the closet full of clothing is a symbol of your loved one's life and identity. The fact that the clothing looks exactly like what he used to wear to work and on days when he was running errands suggests that you are still grieving his loss and that you miss him dearly.

The reminder at the end of the dream to not dwell on the dream is a message from your subconscious mind. It is telling you that it is okay to grieve, but that you also need to move on with your life. The dream is helping you to process your grief and to let go of your loved one in a healthy way.

Here are some possible interpretations of your dream:

You are still grieving the loss of your loved one and you miss him dearly.

You are trying to come to terms with his death and to find a way to move on with your life.

You are seeking guidance or comfort from your loved one.

Your loved one is trying to let you know that he is at peace and that he wants you to be happy.

It is important to remember that dreams are personal and that their meaning can vary from person to person. The best way to understand the meaning of your dream is to reflect on your own feelings and experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal