Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 12:54 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hang on. Full stop. If Avi Loeb hasn't made that suggestion publicly, how do you know about it? Are you Avi Loeb?
Avi Loeb has publicly theorized Oumuamua could perhaps be an interstellar light sail along with a bunch of other very controversial things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 06:26 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
Last paragraph is the OP;
I dont know if this is correct or not, but I think logically aliens (and there may well be many different species with different agendas) WOULD have overtaken the human race by now if they had wanted to. So, it does not make sense to me that they are a threat to humans.

What makes you think they have not taken over the human race already ?

Many, many examples, 1. Using our energy to create things then pick & choose what is useful to them.
2. Our existence puts out energy = their energy source. 3. We keep multiplying so more keep dying so they feed on our deaths.
etc
etc
etc
etc

Old 07-27-2022, 07:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
OK, so logic usually means one thing leads to another, so what leads to your ideas 1) 2) & 3) ? Can you elaborate please?

No-one as far as I know has suggested they are using our energy or feeding on our deaths?

Old 07-27-2022, 07:16 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, so logic usually means one thing leads to another, so what leads to your ideas 1) 2) & 3) ? Can you elaborate please?

No-one as far as I know has suggested they are using our energy or feeding on our deaths?
How about you elaborate on any of your posts. I would be very interested in how you come up with the "interesting" things you post.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
No.
1 thing is not leading to another. as in 1. 2. 3.
Just an example of things aren't always what they seem.
Even us humans keep searching for alternative energy sources, so why not aliens ?
Living creatures on Earth might be a perpetual source of free energy. They do nothing. We plant, harvest, etc

People have a tendency to think aliens will be 6' tall with arms and legs and eyes and mouth and will arrive in a spaceship. What we call germs, virus's, bacteria, could be aliens living off us. Scientists look at microscopic stuff. They are not able to see things so huge that a trillion of our solar systems are smaller than 1 cell on an alien.

Until they say hello, your imagination is the limit.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:11 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,551,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hang on. Full stop. If Avi Loeb hasn't made that suggestion publicly, how do you know about it? Are you Avi Loeb?
My wording may have been confusing. I mean Loeb was pretty bold to publicize his theory.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
My wording may have been confusing. I mean Loeb was pretty bold to publicize his theory.
And he has far more qualifications than any of us on here. So, I am guessing he has some pretty good reasons to think the way he does. In his book, he goes trough why he thinks that way and what leads him to his conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal