Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 11:46 AM

666 posts, read 423,275 times

Advertisements

Or... do they?

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkcZBh2a47w

Supposedly, this apparition was recognized as a deceased friend of the uploader's sister. But would you spend your afterlife standing around watching friends install household appliances?
Attached Thumbnails
"Why do ghosts only appear in victorian clothing?"-modernghost.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 05:33 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Humm, looks like a real person. Maybe an early Halloween prank, because no self respecting ghost is going to stand around with a bored look on their face.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:39 PM

666 posts, read 423,275 times
Right. And does a spirit get to decide how it looks? Or does ghost law dictate that they must don the clothing they died in?

Old 10-21-2021, 06:11 AM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
I don't understand why ghosts have clothes at all. If I return as a ghost and have any say in the matter, I'll be wearing nothing more than an awesome hat and a smile.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:38 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Who said ghosts only appear in Victorian clothing? That makes no sense. Especially for the majority of ghosts, who never lived during the Victorian era.

OP, is this a serious question? And what does it have to do with the vid you posted? I'm missing something, clearly. Tongue-in-cheek thread title? What's your real question?

Old 10-21-2021, 11:50 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
I love a good ghost story. And for years out of all the paranormal stuff a ghost has seemed the most possible in the realm of the impossible. So actually I’ve done a lot of reading and watching of ghost shows. And have since I was a kid.

Here is the prevailing theory. Hauntings can be intelligent/interactive, or they can be imprints. An imprint is someone who is doing something that they have done in their life over and over again, not unlike a taped loop. They aren’t really there, there is just a tape of them doing this over and over again.

A good example of this is the supposed haunting and Hampton Court in England. Supposedly queen Catherine Howard when she finds out she’s going to be beheaded runs down the hallway to beg Henry’s forgiveness in order to save her very young life. Supposedly this really happened and it left a psychic scar on that hallway so it’s still happens. No idea if that’s real or not but it is interesting. And it also apparently happens with inanimate objects. Because supposedly the train that carried Lincoln‘s body can still be seen going down the tracks silently. It’s called the Lincoln ghost train. That apparently is a psychic scar of the American public who thronged to the tracks to see the train pass by to honor the dead president.

https://www.hrp.org.uk/hampton-court...ace/#gs.e8thph

https://unmaskedhistory.com/2019/10/...t-in-1872/amp/

The other kind is what we get to see on TV a lot. The one knock for no, two knock for yes and they ask them questions and they get answers or where they use the EVP recorder thing. I have to be honest, I have a hearing issue. When I hear those EVP‘s all I hear is scratchy tape hiss. Until somebody translates it for me and then all of a sudden it’s perfectly clear. That to me signifies pareidolia.

I got a subscription to discovery plus for a few months just so I can watch the now cancelled Holzer’s Files during scary October. I find that show extremely chilling. But as I have said in the past I don’t believe in any of this stuff. It’s fun to be a spooked, but it’s not real.

Especially like ghost adventures. Late husband and I called that the dude and bro show because it seemed like any time something would happen which could’ve been anything off-camera — a bang spooked them and they went running. It’s not watchable in my opinion but it is apparently the most popular show on the Travel Channel.

My favorite is still Dead Files, mainly because I love research and the cop goes into the library and researches things and then visits researchers that hand him information like death certificates and I do genealogy so that’s kind of my jam.

I blame growing up in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania where in October Ed King on the radio would read listeners ghost stories that were sent in. He had the best voice for that. And my parents allowed me to get ghost books from the library and I think I read all of Hans Holzer’s stuff as a teenager.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:44 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,019,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I love a good ghost story. And for years out of all the paranormal stuff a ghost has seemed the most possible in the realm of the impossible. So actually I’ve done a lot of reading and watching of ghost shows. And have since I was a kid.

Here is the prevailing theory. Hauntings can be intelligent/interactive, or they can be imprints. An imprint is someone who is doing something that they have done in their life over and over again, not unlike a taped loop. They aren’t really there, there is just a tape of them doing this over and over again.

A good example of this is the supposed haunting and Hampton Court in England. Supposedly queen Catherine Howard when she finds out she’s going to be beheaded runs down the hallway to beg Henry’s forgiveness in order to save her very young life. Supposedly this really happened and it left a psychic scar on that hallway so it’s still happens. No idea if that’s real or not but it is interesting. And it also apparently happens with inanimate objects. Because supposedly the train that carried Lincoln‘s body can still be seen going down the tracks silently. It’s called the Lincoln ghost train. That apparently is a psychic scar of the American public who thronged to the tracks to see the train pass by to honor the dead president.

The other kind is what we get to see on TV a lot. [B]The one knock for no, two knock for yes and they ask them questions and they get answers or where they use the EVP recorder thing. I have to be honest, I have a hearing issue. When I hear those EVP‘s all I hear is scratchy tape hiss.[/b] Until somebody translates it for me and then all of a sudden it’s perfectly clear. That to me signifies pareidolia.

I got a subscription to discovery plus for a few months just so I can watch the now cancelled Holzer’s Files during scary October. I find that show extremely chilling. But as I have said in the past I don’t believe in any of this stuff. It’s fun to be a spooked, but it’s not real.

Especially like ghost adventures. Late husband and I called that the dude and bro show because it seemed like any time something would happen which could’ve been anything off-camera — a bang spooked them and they went running. It’s not watchable in my opinion but it is apparently the most popular show on the Travel Channel.

My favorite is still Dead Files, mainly because I love research and the cop goes into the library and researches things and then visits researchers that hand him information like death certificates and I do genealogy so that’s kind of my jam.

I blame growing up in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania where in October Ed King on the radio would read listeners ghost stories that were sent in. He had the best voice for that. And my parents allowed me to get ghost books from the library and I think I read all of Hans Holzer’s stuff as a teenager.
I can never understand the EVP readings either. Just sounds like noise. BUT! One time, I was listening to a local Halloween radio show, where they were exploring a haunted grade school.

Just before the radio station took a station break, I heard, as plain as day, a small child's voice say "Daddy's coming. He's coming." I was gobsmacked.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:35 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,971,365 times
Quote:

The other kind is what we get to see on TV a lot. The one knock for no, two knock for yes and they ask them questions and they get answers or where they use the EVP recorder thing. I have to be honest, I have a hearing issue. When I hear those EVP‘s all I hear is scratchy tape hiss. Until somebody translates it for me and then all of a sudden it’s perfectly clear. That to me signifies pareidolia.

My experience(and I have a lot of it) with evp is, one MUST be wearing a headset in order to hear any response from spirits.
The voices are faint at best, and the best way I could describe it would be, imagine you are in a long hallway, talking to someone at the other end of the hallway.
You hear their words ,but there is an echo to it.
A well trained ear can pick up the words almost immediately when in a evp session, but without the headset, practically impossible.
I did have one experience years ago, where the words were loud and clear without using a headset, but that never repeated itself.
EVP is an exciting field of communication, but one should always be aware results sometimes fall short of expectations.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:23 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,413,251 times
I really do want to believe in ghosts', bigfoot, etc. but I also am one to not suspend reality and objective investigation on videos like this. There is NOTHING about this that even remotely suggests that it is real and not some faked video for "likes" and/or "follows".

B.S. needs to be called out for being the b.s. that it is or appears to be. Its not up to people to prove that it ISNT real, or prove that it ISNT faked. Its up to those who posts this type of junk to provide some type of tangible evidence that its NOT faked or may in fact be real.

This looks like it shouldnt appear on anyone's radar or even Top 500 vids of ghosts vids.

Old 10-21-2021, 05:56 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:

Good stories! I have heard the concept, but never the term "psychic scar".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal