Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times

Advertisements

You can go back many years on this forum and find countless that turned out to be false. Do you have any examples of ones that actually turned out to be true.

"You can be tracked by the photos you take with your digital camera" This one turned out to be true from back before everyone carried a tracking device(phone).

Back in the 00s I was hooked on traveling to Europe every year. Was on a travel forum but unlike this one several of us knew each other in real life. We would have meet ups in Europe. One of the members would post pics of illegal activity he done at home. The PoPo do watch many many forums for such activity. Because the guy posted the pictures the PoPO used the GPS location attached to every digital picture posted on the internet to go to his house and arrest him.

What do you have that turned out to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 10:49 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
MK Ultra was 'conspiracy theory' for awhile, until documents were found describing the project, only a small percentage of documents survived the fire though, thankfully it was enough to let us know what this project was all about!

Old 03-24-2021, 01:27 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
MK Ultra was 'conspiracy theory' for awhile, until documents were found describing the project, only a small percentage of documents survived the fire though, thankfully it was enough to let us know what this project was all about!
Yet few people know about it and many of the things it did. I can't prove it but am certain it's still going on under a different name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOARWX3OjFc&t=48s

Old 03-24-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yet few people know about it and many of the things it did. I can't prove it but am certain it's still going on under a different name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOARWX3OjFc&t=48s
Thats just the way it is...not that many people are interested in these topics.

My ex wife was like this, (didnt matter if it was conspiracy theories, UFOs, bigfoot, sea monsters, etc), she didnt care one way or the other.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:37 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
Quote:
Thats just the way it is...not that many people are interested in these topics.

My ex wife was like this, (didnt matter if it was conspiracy theories, UFOs, bigfoot, sea monsters, etc), she didnt care one way or the other.
MKUltra is a good one. What really happened and not the silly paranormal stuff many like to add.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:19 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
https://www.cracked.com/article_1988...-happened.html

Old 03-24-2021, 09:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
You are right. People don't even care about all the ways they are manipulated. They just think othet people are, but not them. Kind of the same way 90% of people rate themselves as above average drivers.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
MKUltra is a good one. What really happened and not the silly paranormal stuff many like to add.
We know there was over 70 sub projects within Mk Ultra...everything ranging from developing telekinesis skills to attempting to hypnotize a person so they can assassinate people when ordered to do so, and everything in between!

While there is not many surviving documents from MKU, I believe its known what the projects were, seems like I read a list of these somewhere awhile back, i will have to look for that again, I remember some of the projects being pretty interesting.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:32 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You are right. People don't even care about all the ways they are manipulated. They just think othet people are, but not them. Kind of the same way 90% of people rate themselves as above average drivers.
Laughed at that. True!

Also, go to the Retirement forum sometime. Everyone there believes they look ten years younger than they are. It's hilarious.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Laughed at that. True!

Also, go to the Retirement forum sometime. Everyone there believes they look ten years younger than they are. It's hilarious.
I would bet this is true of posters here on the unexplained board too, (myself included). LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal