Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 01:41 PM

403 posts, read 365,930 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't go far and say they are my "guardian angel" (because I don't know that) but have you ever encountered a situation where you could have been seriously hurt/injured but felt "someone" was watching over you, warned you, and therefore avoided being hurt? I can recall 2 experiences..

3 years ago, I was cooking on a coil stove and I was walking back and forth between the stove and fridge. However, 30 min into cooking, I turned around to walk away from the stove and as soon as I did, the coil that I had the boiling pot on exploded! It was an old stove so it was probably worn off or some mechanic issues, but I shuddered at the thought of even being 1 second late, the coil could have seriously burned my face or even worse, made me blind..

I'll be honest though, that incident could have been a pure coincidence of "right timing" but i can't help and think someone must be watching over.

However, last year, another incident happened but I know for sure I felt someone watching over me.

I was getting ready to cross the street after grabbing lunch in the middle of work day and was waiting for the cars to clear so I can cross (I'm pro a j-walking, lol). At that moment, for some darn reason, I looked to my left and the road was cleared, so I started walking. You know when you do something so routine that it comes almost subconsciously? Or maybe I had a lot on my mind and was lost in thought, but I started walking without looking to the right side of the road. All of a sudden, I stopped dead in my tracks (as if a force stopped me) in the middle of the road on the yellow line and I remember VERY clearly, a voice or thought in my head saying "look over to your right". I turned my head to the right side of the road and there was an oncoming van that was about 15 feet away from where I was! I also remember clearly as the van passed by me that the driver, although approaching the road, was not really paying attention to the road. It seemed as though he was looking for something or perhaps on his phone, driving about 25 mph down. I might have been hit if I continued walking, rather than the driver pressing on his brakes because he couldn't have seen me.

That is one incident that I felt very STRONGLY. Till this day, I remember it vividly and am thankful for whoever it is that is watching over me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,506,840 times
Numbers. Some people die or get messed up or some people live. The people who live remember it, the people who do not...well they cannot talk about it.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:16 PM

997 posts, read 941,882 times
I had a couple of experiences like that before I was aware of my guidance. They are always there helping you but they usually stay in the background.

They did that for a reason, to show you that they are there. They could have easily guided you to safety without making a public show of it.

You can call it a Guardian Angel if you want. If you like to think of it that way, it is kind of nice to believe in that. You don't have to believe with conviction but to kind of acknowledge them as a habit hurts no-one and they like it.

You experienced events that you know happened. Why not accept them as 'friends'? Isn't that only polite?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:47 PM

7,005 posts, read 6,930,464 times
Certainly we should be grateful for our continued existence in this reality, but we generally dont know what or to whom we should be grateful. According to our beliefs we pick something and are grateful to it.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:58 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,911,353 times
I've had someone or something watching over me my entire life. I should have died at least 5 times, but something always intervened at the last second and I dodged the bullet each time. Besides even that, I have lead a somewhat charmed life where events that could have been not so good were turned around completely.

One instance, we were driving in a blinding snowstorm in Pa, on a four lane, and I was trying to follow trailer trucks so I could see where the road was. Suddenly, the car ran off the left shoulder of the road and was heading right for a huge sign with two posts on it. I braced for impact and shut my eyes, and the car finally came to a stop. When we looked back, there was no sign and no damage to the car !

My wife was in the passenger seat, and she said "What happened to the sign ?" so we both saw it, but it was gone. I started the car back up and drove back onto the road and shook most of the way home. There was not a scratch on the car, but I know I saw that sign just in front of me moments before.

Don

Old 09-14-2016, 10:00 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,143,820 times
About 15 years ago my husband was travelling to Hobbs, NM going southbound on 285 just north of Roswell.

He was going about 90mph on his Harley at about 1am. I've travelled this same route before & I will tell you; there is NOTHING out there. Even in the middle of the day you can go for miles without passing not one other car. Additionally it is on the High Plains & you can SEE for hundreds of miles in a panoramic 360.

He had been riding hard for over an hour when he said all of a sudden there were headlights behind him even though he had been riding hard & passed through no intersections; not even a dirt ranch access road; all of a sudden there was a car & even though he was going 90 it was coming up on him fast.

The car caught up with him & pulled along side him & when he looked over he realized it was a NM State Trooper. He said the guys passenger window went down & the cop smiled at him; took both hands off the wheel & waved them in a downward motion as if to motion "SLOW ... DOWN"

Then the window went up & the cop car slowed & got in the lane behind him.

Suddenly there were no headlights on behind him. My husband thought "WTF; Where did he GO?" So he pulled over to the side of the road & shut the bike down.

Nothing. Not a glimmer of light, not an engine sound; NOTHING. The guy had come out of nowhere & disappeared into nowhere.

My husband said thats when he realized that it wasn't just quiet; there was NO sound. Even the bugs/crickets had stopped chirping; this massive hundreds of square miles of High Plains was completely devoid of sound.

He said it made his hair stand up (to this day he gets goosebumps just talking about it) so he got back on his bike to get the heck outta there. Said he was going about 30mph as he crested the next small hill ... & at the bottom of that hill there had been some huge washout from a rain a few days before. There was loose rock & gravel scattered on the road.

A car wouldn't have even noticed it. But on a motorcycle going 90mph; it would have been fatal.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:12 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,695,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
About 15 years ago my husband was travelling to Hobbs, NM going southbound on 285 just north of Roswell.

He was going about 90mph on his Harley at about 1am. I've travelled this same route before & I will tell you; there is NOTHING out there. Even in the middle of the day you can go for miles without passing not one other car. Additionally it is on the High Plains & you can SEE for hundreds of miles in a panoramic 360.

He had been riding hard for over an hour when he said all of a sudden there were headlights behind him even though he had been riding hard & passed through no intersections; not even a dirt ranch access road; all of a sudden there was a car & even though he was going 90 it was coming up on him fast.

The car caught up with him & pulled along side him & when he looked over he realized it was a NM State Trooper. He said the guys passenger window went down & the cop smiled at him; took both hands off the wheel & waved them in a downward motion as if to motion "SLOW ... DOWN"

Then the window went up & the cop car slowed & got in the lane behind him.

Suddenly there were no headlights on behind him. My husband thought "WTF; Where did he GO?" So he pulled over to the side of the road & shut the bike down.

Nothing. Not a glimmer of light, not an engine sound; NOTHING. The guy had come out of nowhere & disappeared into nowhere.

My husband said thats when he realized that it wasn't just quiet; there was NO sound. Even the bugs/crickets had stopped chirping; this massive hundreds of square miles of High Plains was completely devoid of sound.

He said it made his hair stand up (to this day he gets goosebumps just talking about it) so he got back on his bike to get the heck outta there. Said he was going about 30mph as he crested the next small hill ... & at the bottom of that hill there had been some huge washout from a rain a few days before. There was loose rock & gravel scattered on the road.

A car wouldn't have even noticed it. But on a motorcycle going 90mph; it would have been fatal.
That story made my hair stand up!

Old 09-16-2016, 02:12 AM

3,982 posts, read 2,586,463 times
I traveled for a living 20+ yrs ago. I had a few incidents that I escaped injury.

I was on a two lane country road. There was as a car coming my way- in MY lane while he was passing someone. I had just enough time to move to the shoulder of the road... and afterwards I realized that was generally the only shoulder the road had. I had to stop in the next town. I was too shook up to drive.

Another time I had a long drive to my next town (I was a photographer for a dept store and lived in hotels/motels) and had my company car in for a check before I left. Well, I was almost to my town, at the exit, in fact, and my car broke down! So much for the check! Someone gave me a ride in and the car was towed later.

Another time I was in AZ or NM and came upon these chain fence (you could kind of see through them) like barriers. Dumb me is staring up (they were huge) at them... and a car came down the ramp. I would have hit hime if my car hadn't done a 180 and I was suddenly facing up that on ramp.

A car stopped behind me, to check one. They said it seemed I knew what I was doing. But I hadn't! It was a surprise all the way around!.) No pun intended!

One more thing about something that happened yesterday. I needed to go to a store that was three bus transfers away. I was leaving the store realizing I was late. Many times I would have been overly frustrated to have to wait another hour but I told myself not to worry. That bus should have come 3 min to the hour. I left the store at about that time. As i walked the long 3 blocks, I wasn't hurrying, I was too late. A good block from the stop, what do I see? The bus dropping someone off. I pick up my pace and wave a couple of times. The bus driver DID see me and waited.

Never been so glad to catch a bus.

The thing is it feels things came together (like the fact someone got off, if not I couldn't have reacted fast enough to wave down a zooming bus!) and I felt the "message" was: keep going, you don't know what you can do until you try. I realize this stretches the theme, someone watching over us, but I felt a guidance helping me along my way.

Edit: I am someone who has struggled. These times were like sign posts for me, saying keep on going, you'll be fine.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 09-16-2016 at 02:35 AM..

Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM

102,300 posts, read 108,407,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
I traveled for a living 20+ yrs ago. I had a few incidents that I escaped injury.

I was on a two lane country road. There was as a car coming my way- in MY lane while he was passing someone. I had just enough time to move to the shoulder of the road... and afterwards I realized that was generally the only shoulder the road had. I had to stop in the next town. I was too shook up to drive.

Another time I had a long drive to my next town (I was a photographer for a dept store and lived in hotels/motels) and had my company car in for a check before I left. Well, I was almost to my town, at the exit, in fact, and my car broke down! So much for the check! Someone gave me a ride in and the car was towed later.

Another time I was in AZ or NM and came upon these chain fence (you could kind of see through them) like barriers. Dumb me is staring up (they were huge) at them... and a car came down the ramp. I would have hit hime if my car hadn't done a 180 and I was suddenly facing up that on ramp.

A car stopped behind me, to check one. They said it seemed I knew what I was doing. But I hadn't! It was a surprise all the way around!.) No pun intended!

One more thing about something that happened yesterday. I needed to go to a store that was three bus transfers away. I was leaving the store realizing I was late. Many times I would have been overly frustrated to have to wait another hour but I told myself not to worry. That bus should have come 3 min to the hour. I left the store at about that time. As i walked the long 3 blocks, I wasn't hurrying, I was too late. A good block from the stop, what do I see? The bus dropping someone off. I pick up my pace and wave a couple of times. The bus driver DID see me and waited.

Never been so glad to catch a bus.

The thing is it feels things came together (like the fact someone got off, if not I couldn't have reacted fast enough to wave down a zooming bus!) and I felt the "message" was: keep going, you don't know what you can do until you try. I realize this stretches the theme, someone watching over us, but I felt a guidance helping me along my way.

Edit: I am someone who has struggled. These times were like sign posts for me, saying keep on going, you'll be fine.
It's common for buses to be running behind schedule. Just saying.

I didn't understand the story about the fences and your car "doing a 180" to end up facing the opposite way. Could you clarify?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:03 PM

3,982 posts, read 2,586,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's common for buses to be running behind schedule. Just saying.
Yes, I realize thes run late and I did mention I was stretching the definition of being watched over. Really was the feeling of luck being with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I didn't understand the story about the fences and your car "doing a 180" to end up facing the opposite way. Could you clarify?
Sorry for not being clearer. I was passing a on ramp to the highway and there was a high fence blocking the driver from coming on to the highway until the end of on ramp. A car was coming down the ramp, I was staring at the fence not looking for cars (my bad!) and that car pulled in front of me. I turned my wheel but I do not know how I reacted fast enough to miss the car (all I saw was a blur of brown color before I swerved to miss him). I was facing up instead down. I felt like someone had a hand in keeping me safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal