Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:18 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times

Advertisements

I have alot with radio.
A song will pops out in my mind, and true enough the song playing is the one popped up in my mind.
Or before turning on the radio in the car, I would thought of a song and when I turned on the radio, the song playing is what I had in mind.

One of my best friend back in international school. For you who experience it, international school sucks because you cannot have best friends for a long time because depending on what their parents do, your friend will move following them.
His father worked in an embassy for India.
When we were kids, we always did everything together esp. since we felt abandoned by our parents. He always told me that "once I grew up, I would be one of those cool guys sitting in a cafe, reading magazine, wearing a top hat and monocle". And then we would chuckle.
Years later I was in Switzerland. The reason I was there, because I needed a break from my job and Philadelphia, PA. I never liked it here in Pennsylvania and I despise my job. And unfortunately the dislike had manifested into OCD per my therapist. I got paranoia about alot of things - especially any chemicals that has a very acidic and or basic pH.
And at the moment, I felt so...so depressed and I was reminiscing the time I had with Amit as kids in Singapore. The time when I had no OCD. So I passed by the cafe and thought it would be funny if I see him there, reading magazine with top had and monocle. Then I saw this guy that looked like adult Amit reading magazine (minus the top hat and monocle). I swear it was him. I got this moment of childishness that I would say something to this guy who might not be Amit. So I approached him and said "You forgot your top hat and monocle". He looked up and he turned blue. He was Amit. Later he told me that he was thinking about me as well at that moment and thought that I would tease him not wearing top hat and monocle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:49 AM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
I have a friend back home who has a very unusual surname. Several years ago, I moved across country to attend school, where I met a campus employee who shared my friend's last name. Although he resembled my friend's father and brother in a general way (same complexion; similar height, build, and carriage), he wasn't a dead ringer or anything. He was born and raised locally, and said that he didn't have any family in my part of the country. Still, I couldn't disregard the name (which I've since learned is shared by fewer than 5000 people in the country), and I remained convinced of a family connection.

Fast-forward two years: My friend moved to the same city to attend a different school, and although our schedules frequently conflicted, I was determined that she meet the man at the library who shared her last name. When I finally managed the introduction, she took one look at him and also concluded that they must be related. (Apparently, he looked much more like male relatives of hers whom I did not know, than like her dad and brother.) After talking to some older family members, they learned that one of her great-grandfather's brothers had abandoned his family in the 1930's, and was never heard from again. They now know where he settled and raised another family.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:44 AM

269 posts, read 480,522 times
Great stories everyone. I love this subject. I have so many of these coincidences, my family thinks I'm nuts.

6.7 -- I was an 11:11er for many years until a couple of weeks ago, it just stopped.

A few of years ago I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible chest pain. I was up for a couple of hours when my husband suggested going to the hospital. I told him no, I was too tired and then promptly went back to sleep.
The next morning my Mom called, she lived over 1000 miles away. We were chatting and she tells me she is so tired, was up most of the night with horrible chest pain. When my Dad suggested going to the hospital, she told him that she was too tired and went back to bed.

This one is silly. I have a 14 yo son, he got his 1st zit this week on the side of his nose. I am in my 50s and have not had acne in 40 years. Well, this morning I woke up with a huge zit on the side of my nose, same spot as my sons. I hope this is the last of this type of coincidence.

One night I was at a barbecue in Queens, NY. The subject of praying mantis came up and I was saying that I heard it was a fine if you kill one (not sure if that is actually true). About a minute later a praying mantis lands on my plate, looks me in the eye and then dive bombed my head. It got caught in my hair, I was screaming like a lunatic, and wound up killing it.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times
I just love these stories. They really are quite amazing. Just remembered another one...

Three years ago I asked my next door neighbour, Marlene, if she could feed my cats for me while I was away at the cottage. We would be going in 3 weeks, and she said fine, no problem, she had no plans. 3 weeks later we packed up the van to leave and I popped next door to leave my house key with my neighbour.

She looked at me for a few seconds and said, 'Ohhhh my... oh nooooo.... I forgot!!!!! omg what are we going to do... I forgot, I agreed to go up to spend a week with my sister and her friends at a cottage and we're leaving this afternoon!" I told her not to worry, and luckily I was able to get hold of a young lad who lived down the street, so all was okay.

That evening at our cottage we were sitting on our front porch relaxing after the 3 hour drive and all the unpacking. We noticed a group of people arriving at the cottage directly across the road from us and my husband said, "Hmm. Marlene's here. Looks exactly like her..." Well, I looked, blinked hard many times and there she was, my next door neighbour, Marlene, lol. I ran over there and we both could not stop laughing.

I don't know how many cottages there are in Ontario, but I know there are 26 different regions of holiday homes. What are the odds? lol.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Whenever I think about this story, I still get goosebumps. That crawly Twilight Zone kind of feeling. And it happened almost 50 years ago. It was a dream I actually recalled. I usually don't remember them.

In my dream I was sitting in the kitchen with my mother and we were looking at pictures. I was sure it was our kitchen but the wallpaper was different. It was green eagles and there was a mistake in the pattern right where the kitchen clock hung on the wall. The pictures were beach scenes, tropical, and the featured people were a girl in a zebra striped bathing suit and a boy with very blonde hair. I didn't know who they were or where we were. The dream was crystal clear.

A year passed and mom redid the wallpaper in the kitchen. That year we went to Florida on vacation. Several weeks after we returned, mom and I were sitting in the kitchen looking at our vacation pictures. And there they were, those exact pictures of the boy and girl I described. I was completely freaked out staring at those pictures and I told mom about my dream. Of course she said it's just a strange coincidence. But then I told her I had seen the new wallpaper in the dream too and there was a mistake in the pattern under the kitchen clock. We looked and there it was, a mistake none of us had ever noticed.

It turned out the people in the pictures were the children of a woman mom knew from nursing school during WWII. She had never seen them before and met them on our trip to Florida. Why did this happen? I will never know but these people were never significant to me or a big part of my life. Why didn't I dream about winning lotto numbers or something that made sense?

Now I am waiting for the goosebumps to go away!

Old 04-14-2015, 01:37 PM

344 posts, read 416,613 times
A little over 20 years ago I took a job that involved a lot of plane travel. Soon after I started I was changing planes in Detroit. When we boarded there was another passenger with a the same seat assignment as me. She was an elderly woman but I recognized her right away as my freshman English teacher from a school in Florida from 10 years before.

also

Had a friend in Richmond, VA in the mid 80's. He introduced me to another guy and we became friends and remain so today. His mother had relocated to the same Florida beach town I grew up in and my friend had lived there the same time I did as kids and our paths never crossed but we were covering almost the same ground at the same time.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:50 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,657 times
I LOVE these stories... I have few too... When I was about 16 the family went to Niagara Falls....we had already checked out of the hotel and the car went dead...we had to go get another motel and we got there and went to the pool..I look over and I see my cousin swimming...my grandma and aunt drove to Niagara Falls..never knew they were going...and we ended up at the same motel...and there are A LOT there....

Years ago we had a milkman and his name was Marvin..flash forward 45 years and I used to help this older gentleman at his house..I was looking out the window and asked him..Is that guy's name Marvin? Yes...the milkman lived right next door to him....for years.....

Figured out last year that my husband and my cousin both played on the same hockey team in1976..and they went to Sweden to play...and they were room mates there...40 years ago...

I had my first boyfriend when I was 16..met him at a hockey game that I drove a friend to..went out for pizza after sat with him and he told me his name and I knew the name because my mom and dad were bar and horse track buds of his parents...he dumped me after 8 mos....

Back to the old guy I helped...He was a retired teacher and I was telling him that this one teacher my son had in HS I never forgot because he was a big jerk..he was horrible to me at a teacher conference,saying awful things when everyone else was saying good stuff ..blah blah blah..told him his name and he said...HE CUTS MY LAWN....the guy retired and was cutting lawns....so I MADE SURE that I ran into him over there one day when he was sweaty and all dirty...and told him my son had a PHD in PHYSICS and was a doctor....got my revenge!!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 02:19 PM

I can't begin to tell you about all the times my husband and I go out to eat...peruse the menu..ask each other what the other one is getting.. don't know yet and when the waitress walks up... we want and order the same damned thing!!!

My aunt and my sister and I and my cousin went out for my mom's birthday...she had passed away a few years before but it was a reason to get together....we sit down and the waitress walk up and says...my name is JUDY..I am your server...THAT was my mom's name.....HOW freaky is that?

Old 04-14-2015, 02:22 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Dropped a nickel once, and yelled at it in my head to "Stop" and it landed on the concrete, on its edge and stopped standing up. Never bounced. Really weird.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:06 PM

My mom always played 222 in the Michigan lottery 3 digit..came in a lot....so when she passed away my sister put her ashes in the little cubby at the cemetery wall number 222.....I went there one day and noticed the people next door to her..THEY WERE MY OLD NEIGHBORS FOR YEARS PARENTS....UNbelievable...I did talk to the neighbor once after that.she couldn;t believe it either....

I see 222 EVERYWHERE....the weirdest was when we were in Puerto Rico in February and sitting at the Bacardi Factory parking lot for our tour and a bus pulled up next to us and it was number 222...even last month when I did the contest on here....I JUST HAD TO ANSWER ONE MORE POST..MY COUNT WAS 223...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal