Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,923,463 times

Advertisements

I study the Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction Materials (mostly on YouTube, but also Meetup). What I want to know is: WHY IS IT SO COUNTER-INTUITIVE?

Why do these principals have to be studied?

If it is a "law," why is it not easily understood?

On the LOA - on the issue of manifestation, it is taught that there is a time lapse - that you can be feeling happy and good but still manifest some negative stuff that is playing out vibrationally. You are "not supposed to" pay attention to current "reality," but what you want . . . it is kind of difficult to "know what you don't want and know what you do want" and not be upset when "unwanted" stuff is showing up in your "reality." They tell you to ignore it and to "go general."

Is that what the caveman was supposed to do?

It seems to me that the laws of the universe should be apparent - that you should be able to learn them through trial and error. This is not true of the LOA as taught by Abraham.

I would like to know how others understand the "disconnects."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 01:40 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,193 times
People like Hicks push the so-called law of attraction because it makes a lot of money for them. By making it seem mysterious and hard to grasp its followers will likely buy more seminars and books so they can find the elusive truth behind success. By claiming there's a right way to do it, they have an easy explanation for those who buy their concepts but don't make it: the failures didn't really understand, or didn't follow the program correctly ... Maybe if they take the advanced course they'll do better next time.

What I believe really behind LOA is: it helps people who believe in it build an internal locus of control, and many successful people tend to have an internal locus of control.

Locus of control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOA therefore functions like a behavioral placebo. When it does work, it works because people who believe they can succeed at something tend to succeed and those who see themselves as failures tend to fail. Nothing mystical, spiritual, or other wordly about it.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM

712 posts, read 2,145,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I study the Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction Materials (mostly on YouTube, but also Meetup). What I want to know is: WHY IS IT SO COUNTER-INTUITIVE?

Why do these principals have to be studied?

If it is a "law," why is it not easily understood?

On the LOA - on the issue of manifestation, it is taught that there is a time lapse - that you can be feeling happy and good but still manifest some negative stuff that is playing out vibrationally. You are "not supposed to" pay attention to current "reality," but what you want . . . it is kind of difficult to "know what you don't want and know what you do want" and not be upset when "unwanted" stuff is showing up in your "reality." They tell you to ignore it and to "go general."

Is that what the caveman was supposed to do?

It seems to me that the laws of the universe should be apparent - that you should be able to learn them through trial and error. This is not true of the LOA as taught by Abraham.

I would like to know how others understand the "disconnects."
What would you like to know?

To be honest just understanding the basics of what Abraham is talking about is.. really like sticking your foot into a giantly deep lake.. (I'm not telling you it's complex.. cause it's not) it's as simple as Abraham makes it out to be.. but there is so much MORE to it..

and so therefore that's "kind of" what your asking about..

I first ran into Abraham in "the secret" in 2006 (there is a version out there where Abraham is still apart of the secret ) but of all the teachers.. teaching "law of attraction" from the secret.. they were my favorite or the most interesting.. so then I began to study Abraham-hicks as I mentioned..

But I wanted to know more..? so I had to jump into that lake.. or like "alice through the looking glass".. that's what I needed.. I needed to know more..

So what Abraham says is simple.. and it works.. but if you want more details filled in.. ask your questions.. and I'll do my best to fill in from "what I know"

Old 03-01-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
People like Hicks push the so-called law of attraction because it makes a lot of money for them.
yah, and that's what the religiously indoctrinated science religion types say.. without ever exploring it..

A true scientist doesn't invalidate things.. they explore for themselves like a scientist..

Quote:
By making it seem mysterious and hard to grasp its followers will likely buy more seminars and books so they can find the elusive truth behind success. By claiming there's a right way to do it, they have an easy explanation for those who buy their concepts but don't make it: the failures didn't really understand, or didn't follow the program correctly ... Maybe if they take the advanced course they'll do better next time.
It is what you believe it is

So I'm with you.. it's all a "bunch of crap and their liars!" why don't you just say that.. than all this BS above..?

Quote:
What I believe really behind LOA is: it helps people who believe in it build an internal locus of control, and many successful people tend to have an internal locus of control.

Locus of control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOA therefore functions like a behavioral placebo. When it does work, it works because people who believe they can succeed at something tend to succeed and those who see themselves as failures tend to fail. Nothing mystical, spiritual, or other wordly about it.[/
Nice theory..

But how does that explain prayer?

There are a billion people out there.. that asked god for something and he delivered! (not always.. ) but do you got a scientific theory you can pull out of your "back pocket" that easily explains prayer?

And now here's a goofy one.. how does that explain "rain dances"?

Crazy Indians would dance to the rain.. and weirdly it would rain..

Ahh, nevermind.. I'll give a few years or decades to figure that one out and find some other theory..

Last edited by themaster; 03-01-2014 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 02:58 PM

What I want to know is what I asked in the title and in the OP: If LOA is a LAW of the Universe, WHY is it so counter-intuitive? WHY would it have to be studied? WHY would only a "few" on the "leading edge" be able to grasp it - and even those few, have difficulty understanding the concepts (like the one I laid out: Ignoring "reality" in the here and now and manifestations being delayed in time for some mysterious reason).

There are lots of examples of people feeling happy and then BAM - something bad happens. Abraham has a vid on this exact issue and the explanation is that there was some cumulative negative stuff in the vibration that attracted the bad stuff here and now.

My main question has to do with how DIFFICULT it is to get the concepts - so difficult that books have been written on it, there are tons of vids, CDs and workshops - all to train people on this supposed LAW OF THE UNIVERSE that organizes everything (and no other laws of the universe are important).

It's interesting that one does not have to take a workshop to learn how gravity works.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:42 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,193 times
Nice one, themaster ... All those emoticons almost had me convinced you're right.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
What I want to know is what I asked in the title and in the OP: If LOA is a LAW of the Universe, WHY is it so counter-intuitive?
What's so counter-intuitive too..

"you back, what you put out"???????????????

Are you not conscious of what your putting out.. ahh, yah I think so

Quote:
WHY would it have to be studied?
Good question..

because the real question is.. "why doesn't it always work?"

or how about this..

My life was going "okay" but I heard about this law of attraction idea.. and now I realize I have a chance to land that dream girlfriend I always wanted.. because I definitely can get it NOW. that I have this theory..

And then sh^t (it's 8 weeks later) why hasn't this "law of attraction" delivered on my dream girlfriend.. wtf? this girl was a mega-b****

So for me what I wanted to know with "law of attraction" was..

how do you get the hard stuff?

how do you get that 1980 am/fm cassette Porsche` you always wanted?

so perhaps now you understand.. "why study?"

Quote:
WHY would only a "few" on the "leading edge" be able to grasp it - and even those few, have difficulty understanding the concepts (like the one I laid out: Ignoring "reality" in the here and now and manifestations being delayed in time for some mysterious reason).
Ahh, come again? You need to write your questions closer to plain English..

(it isn't a few on the leading edge that grasp it.. all I'm gonna say is.. there is a lot to it! there is a lot of knowledge/consciousness/understanding it takes to master many of the answers )

Quote:
There are lots of examples of people feeling happy and then BAM - something bad happens. Abraham has a vid on this exact issue and the explanation is that there was some cumulative negative stuff in the vibration that attracted the bad stuff here and now.
Do you want a explanation..? because this is also a complex answer.. and I really prefer "better" questions..

+ also it's a lot to write.. and if your really not interested in the answer.. let's not make me write it..

I mean here's a suggestion too: go ask Abraham that question.. their available? (for now.. till esther croaks )

Quote:
My main question has to do with how DIFFICULT it is to get the concepts
Okay, start over!

I'm going to point you to a fundamental tool/idea Abraham taught.. I still use today

Abrahams concept one of e'm is called "the emotional guidance system"

The concept/idea is simple.. when your in your truth.. when it is truth.. you FEEL good!

When you lie to yourself.. you feel like sh*t.. you feel negative..

I will provide you some simple tests to this.. okay?

Feel good
I am a infinite being/creator!
I am a beautiful amazing being born of infinite passion for fun!

Feel bad
I am not worthy of love!
I deserve this pile of sh*t that is my life.. let me rot in my grave and sit in it!
I am not worthy of what I want!

Feel into the emotions as you try and state these statements as truth for yourself.. can you feel it??????

You don't even need esther or Abraham in this concept, for questions.. all you need is yourself! to feel into your own truths.. your EMOTIONS will point the way..

Quote:
My main question has to do with how DIFFICULT it is to get the concepts - so difficult that books have been written on it, there are tons of vids, CDs and workshops - all to train people on this supposed LAW OF THE UNIVERSE that organizes everything (and no other laws of the universe are important).

It's interesting that one does not have to take a workshop to learn how gravity works.
Exactly, I've never paid or been to a Abraham workshop.. and I don't suggest it.. unless you have a really burning question.. (their expensive! ) but man it would be fun to talk to Abraham..

Old 03-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Nice one, themaster ... All those emoticons almost had me convinced you're right.
I could care less.. you can believe what you wish..

Old 03-01-2014, 04:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
I kinda stopped after your first sentence or so..I got the gist....I'm so sorry,
but for me it is the easiest thing to get. I sound like some broken record I know.
I actually took my reading glasses off an hr ago and cried at all the ridiculous
miracles that manifest everyday for me....they, of course, are not miracles to me...but
for the sake of posting I'll say they are.

I think it , I need it and there it is...I could not tell you how to the quarter inch things
come to me outta nowhere...imPOSSible things, you would not believe...that fit the space,
with no sawing, no adjusting...this has been endless for me for years now.

Sometimes I think it is bec I started following the basic steps Jesus taught...believe it has already
been given, know your Heavenly Father would not give you a stone if u asked for bread....and so on....
I think it is bec my rock, core foundation in my subconscious mind knows this is how it all works.

Creation was made for this, to be co-creators with The Creator. "He" made our thoughts and
our beliefs and words to be SO powerful.

If my friend thinks she will be robbed, she attracts that to her. When I know I'm fine, I am.
Period. It is that simple.

And nothing is too small or too big for the Divine One, or the Source, God...I knew I was NEVER
going to be stuck with some 30 yr mortgage, I KNEW this...so 2 yrs ago this month a friend got an
inheritance and gave me $100,000 to pay off my house. I wasn't even surprised.
But, I cry at how much I am loved and I know I allow and expect God, the Universe, the "System"
to give me every little tiny thing I need or ask for.

I get sick of saying all this, bec I get such doubt back often...but I get so excited bec it is the Secret of Life here.
So, continue on...this is my experience...I 'had' to write something when I saw Abe-Hicks in the
Subject line.

Best wishes to all.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Still waiting for answers to my questions.

Crickets . . .

Last edited by imcurious; 03-01-2014 at 04:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal