Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 12:08 AM

19 posts, read 15,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milezsmilez View Post
What was the threshold # of hours for them to warn you? Also, if they allowed you to come back to work for one day with no warning, then, they technically didn't terminate you for being sick because they allowed you to return while they tried to "fudge" the numbers (any chance you have that conversation in writing?).

Agree, don't take the call and see what Amazon does. They may not have anything if they didn't follow their own procedures (warning, etc).

Regarding Uber, it used to be a 1099/contractor job, but new legislation just passed in CA where it may soon be W-2 (not sure when). Even so, there are the other issues described above about it becoming your "suitable work" and not really being worth it part-time, availability, etc to seriously consider before proceeding.
Threshold was 14hrs, my 2.5 days put me at 20hrs or so. Considering how big of a company they are, they aren't exactly organized. Also I worked overnight and there usually wasn't a "main boss" at the site, or ever any HR, probably why nothing happened that first day.

Edit: I was fired, turned in badge and all, on about the 1st of September. I got an email on the 14th or so saying I was gonna be fired if I didn't excuse the days I'd missed since then. Emailed them and said I was already terminated, they confirmed it and I got notice on the 18th that I was "officially terminated" on the 17th.

This company really does not have lower priority stuff like this organized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 07:06 PM

19 posts, read 15,678 times
Small Update: Interview was today. Didn't take the call, voicemail said I had until the 10th to call them back and do the interview, after that the decision will be made on available information.

So we'll see how it goes with what they have. Thanks again for the help, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment