Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I guess for the same reasons Kris and Danny aren't big stars already either.
Exactly.....If Adam was a big star, he wouldn't of tried out for American Idol. That's what the program is for, to find a star! That would be Adam. I will never change my mind on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I get what she is saying. Kara and Paula get on your nerves. The just can't say they like a song or not. Its like they talk in poems. A ray of sunshine appeared and this sun came down and touched my heart and the song floated up to the heaven by a dove. LOL. Half the time your like WHAT did they say. I didn't know that Kris and Danny had already on their own try to get into the busieness. Mabe they have. Last night you couldn't say anything that didn't have something about Adam you got shot down. I think it depends on what kind of music you like and mabe on how many artist you hace seen come and go to understand Adam will be popular for awhile then fade off. I still hope he isn't in but I would be surprised if he isn't. Although looking at other sites you would be surprised how many people don't want him there.
Randy gets on my nerves the most..........let the 70's lingo go...please dawg, dope, bomb..whatever. Kara was a little over the top last night. Simon is still my favorite.
Kris and Danny could fade too if they win...it's possible that Adam could, but I don't think he will. My hope is Adam is the biggest star ever. I will buy whatever he puts out.He is in the greatest in my book!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
fixed.

I voted on my land line and my cell, continuously for the 2 hours for Adam.

I did like Kris last night and hope he makes it to the finals. I am over Danny, his voice is not that great.

Can't wait for this evening!
Good job. I voted two hours straight for Adam with every 5th time I voted I gave one to Kris. I don't want Danny in the finals. Kris was amazing last night. That final song blew me away.
But Adams "one" made me cry.

I can't wait either

Old 05-13-2009, 11:47 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,715,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Good job. I voted two hours straight for Adam with every 5th time I voted I gave one to Kris. I don't want Danny in the finals. Kris was amazing last night. That final song blew me away.
But Adams "one" made me cry.

I can't wait either
Me too, I cried so much because my ears were bleeding from the screeching that sounded like a cat in heat. I will never get this Adam Lambert cult of personality.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
I have found it nice and worth reading here today because those who have posted seem to be more realistic about Adam. After the show it isn't that way. Looking back at all the other season you might have one or two if your lucky that really come out and do something. A lot of them work and I guess if this is what they love to do and you get paid for it then work is work. I seen some former Idol people in Soaps, drug rehab, broadway and other places. Even Kelly Clarston is isn;t as popular as she was. Carrie Underwood might be toppong kelly now. It is possible like Chris and others that weren't in the top two that came out and became more popular then those that one. I just don't like that the judges or the show seems to be pushing Adam as if the other two are not good singers. It is there job to judge not endorse. Last week Simon said Adam was the best and he was the first to sing. That isn't right. I like it when someone wins that just can sing and hasn't done a lot of stuff and just came in and is discovered. Like on Dancing with the stars. Of course if your trained ballet dancer or something else where your trained in moves than you are going to get the dancing thing more than a singer or actor. I think people like the underdog so tonight will be interesting. Lots of people are pushing for Chris. I 'm mad because I don't have E or TV guide on our cable anymore and can't even watch the red carpet

Old 05-13-2009, 11:53 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,603,547 times
I only knew two of the six songs sung last night. Disappointing to me. Even though all three guys are talented, I'd be more likely to buy Danny's album than the others. Adam is really good in small doses. But some of his performances seem over the top and the screeching gets old. Hoping they all do well in their future endeavors.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Watching The View and one of them brought up this point and I was wondering what others thought. She thought it was basis for Simon to call Bono and asked if Adam could sing his song. Then annouce that Bono would be happy for Adam to sing it. She thought it sounded like Adam is this chosen one and Bono this big star makes this annoucement that he could sing this song. Her point was that the other judges didn't say that about the songs they choose. Wondering if anyone else thought that was a little much.
Of course she saw a problem with it..she is very "conservative" if you know what I mean. She also gave praises to Miss California.....figure it out...

Bono wouldn't be the only one to sing Adam praises...every mentor besides ...cough ...Randy hickboy Travis...has had nothing but great things to say about Adam on the show and afterward. Rumor has it that Adam is suppose to be doing Spider Man and that U2 will be providing some songs....hmmmmm....

On a side note...since when does one performance through the whole competition MAKE or BREAK somebody?? Carrie Underwood had some bad moments too...she won!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Exactly.....If Adam was a big star, he wouldn't of tried out for American Idol. That's what the program is for, to find a star! That would be Adam. I will never change my mind on him.
Hey, everybody's got to start somewhere, why not on AI - that IS the point of the show after all

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,739,096 times
Quote:
Randy gets on my nerves the most..........let the 70's lingo go...please dawg, dope, bomb..whatever. Kara was a little over the top last night. Simon is still my favorite.
Kris and Danny could fade too if they win...it's possible that Adam could, but I don't think he will. My hope is Adam is the biggest star ever. I will buy whatever he puts out.He is in the greatest in my book!
OMG, I was just saying last night how I am getting totally tired of Randy and his lamo sayings, CONSTANTLY! I love Simon, he's always been my favorite

Kris was awesome last night, first time I've actually really noticed him. Loved his rendition of Heartless.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Rumor has it that Adam is suppose to be doing Spider Man and that U2 will be providing some songs....hmmmmm....
Ohhhhh! I hope so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV