Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 11:07 AM

631 posts, read 398,722 times

Advertisements

Watched the first 3 episodes of the latest season Rebels v's Titans and it's shaping up to be another winner. There's a completely new cast so it takes a couple of episodes to warm up to them. Lots of strategy talk and 3 blindsides - good stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2024, 12:06 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
Watched the first 3 episodes of the latest season Rebels v's Titans and it's shaping up to be another winner. There's a completely new cast so it takes a couple of episodes to warm up to them. Lots of strategy talk and 3 blindsides - good stuff
TY for giving me this info - just watched the 1st episode of the latest season on sh and love it!!!!!! No idols and great strategy - can't wait for this season as it puts US Survivor to shame.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:40 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,598,575 times
South African Survivor Season 7
This is the first SA season available on SH video. I just binged it, and found it quite interesting.

It was more like American Survivor in that what the audience saw was more of the strategizing with less emphasis on the physical challenges. I definitely think AU Survivor players could physically wipe out most of the SA or USA players.

There was less emphasis on the host, Nico. We never even saw his face clearly until the reunion show. He played much less of a role than either Jeff or Jonathan.

Product placement was very overt: Steers! (a steak restaurant chain, I guess) Bio-whatever! (an energy drink). The Car brand!

It was much harder for me to understand the SA accent than the AU accent. It seemed to me that for many of the players, either Afrikaans or Zulu was their primary language and English their second language, so it seemed that sometimes they had a hard time expressing themselves. They would go into their first language when they wanted to speak privately with one another, but the program was captioned, so we could see what they were saying. I would almost rather that they spoke their first language so that we could just read the captions.

This season was set on Samoa, and many of the challenges were exactly the same as in both AU and USA. The twist was "Island of Secrets" where players who were sent there received either rewards (mostly) or nothing (a few.)

Re this season in particular: It was one where there were lots of pawns who refused to admit they were pawns and let themselves be led around by the dominant players, so there never was any true challenge to the dominants. I find that super irritating game play, so this wasn't my favorite season. Another weird thing: one player used a swear word that is fairly common in America and the women there threw a giant fit about it and demanded that all the other players shun him - not talk to him - and they did! For a while, at least. I don't remember a shunning ever happening before. It was so hypocritical because one of those ladies, according to captioning, used the Afrikaans word for the F bomb constantly!

All in all - interesting, but not one of the best seasons of any country. It was interesting to see the great variety of people who live in South Africa.

Old 02-15-2024, 09:56 AM

I've watched a few seasons of Survivor SA, but can't specifically remember Season 7. That's the problem when you watch too many - they become a blur . I've been reading online that the network in SA have dropped the series, so not sure if it will return on another network, if ever. I agree, it was sometimes very hard to understand what the players were saying.

I've got to catch up on Season 7 of Australian Survivor as I've only watched the first 6 episodes, so I'll probably binge on the weekend.

Old 02-15-2024, 12:46 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,598,575 times
If I'm remembering correctly, 7 was my very favorite season of AU. So, enjoy!

Old 02-16-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
If I'm remembering correctly, 7 was my very favorite season of AU. So, enjoy!
Sorry, I meant to say Season 11 (the current season).

Old 02-21-2024, 07:12 AM

5,877 posts, read 6,944,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Season 10

Boy, do I loathe George. If he hadn't found Survivor to obsess about I'm completely sure he would have become a serial killer, and I'm not kidding. He's t-rump level nuts.

But I do admit that he orchestrated some of the most exciting and enthralling tribal councils ever.

I did feel sorry for the players called out for being pawns. They WERE pawns, and it's hard to understand how they couldn't see it. It was so frustrating that they could have taken out George time after time but it was just "not the right time". I guess in Survivor speak you could say they were Defensive rather than Offensive players, and that could be an ok strategy in some seasons.
I just finished Season 10. Given the three finalists, I agree with the winner.

As much I hated him, if George had made it to the final, I would have voted for him. He was the only one who really played the game. The others were fools not to vote him out earlier. The twist to vote out a jury member may have been his downfall (as well as Liz winning the last challenge). Otherwise, he was the clear winner.

Old 02-22-2024, 09:02 AM

Sounds like I'm the odd one out here. I loved George! Never a dull moment when he was on screen, smart as a tack, always strategizing, thinking ahead and the best part, to me, was he was so funny. I was sorry he didn't win.

Old 02-22-2024, 10:18 AM

5,877 posts, read 6,944,341 times
Season 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
Sounds like I'm the odd one out here. I loved George!
To me, George is the Russell Hantz of Australia. While Russell was the best at finding idols and not getting voted off, he had no social game. George was the opposite - not really interested in idols or winning challenges, but he was the best at the social game and picking up clues (like when Simon celebrated with the "opposition" after winning a challenge). And like Russell, people seem to either love him or hate him.

Old 02-25-2024, 11:31 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,030 times
Watching Season 11. Always disappointing when a player quits, especially after blowing up their alliance’s plan. I was looking forward to seeing how it was going to play out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV