Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Lowe is too tan for a New Yorker. Also surprised they took the effort to integrate some austin culture
“Too tan?”

He’s been captain of that station for a while, hasn’t he? Spends a lot of time outdoors...

And even if he hasn’t, they did have tanning salons in NYC when I still lived there.

I enjoyed the entire season. I’m glad it’s coming back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 03:19 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
I'm guessing that since Disney-ABC bought 20th Century Television from Fox, they have decided to partner with another carrier. Google 9-1-1 lone star and your county name to see where it may available.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:20 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Default 9-1-1 Lone star is pandering trash

Having watched the original 911 and finding it interesting, albeit trying hard to balance the action with the dialog heavy personal lives of the characters. And try to be subtle with its diversity checklist.

But this new series is just ridiculous. A texas fire chief wants to recruit a nyc fire captain to move to Texas to help diversify their fire stations because its "too white" apparently. He declines..but after his gay son overdoes on pain pills because his black boyfriend dumped him, He changes his mind.

Sufficiently to say, it only gets worse from there..beating us over the head with a rainbow cast so blatant it makes it radical left wing propoganda. skip it

Old 02-06-2021, 07:36 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
I love 911, can't stand Lone Star

Old 02-07-2021, 08:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
This week’s crossover episode had me screaming at the TV with edge of the seat excitement.
Love it!
And while I miss Liv Tyler, love, love, love Gina Torres.

I don’t miss a week.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:33 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Well the show admits to their place with a character asking if Austin was trying to build a woke dream team in the first episode with its gay males having sex were the original just had the characters, minus a transgender without the sex

Old 02-07-2021, 04:42 PM

2,494 posts, read 3,245,156 times
I like the original 911, not much for Lonestar for different reasons than yours.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:13 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This week’s crossover episode had me screaming at the TV with edge of the seat excitement.
Love it!
And while I miss Liv Tyler, love, love, love Gina Torres.

I don’t miss a week.
Yeah, I like both shows. If I miss the night, I catch up via streaming.

Rob Lowe/The Captain's last love interest last season (the actress who played the part) was also the potential love interest of Wade on The Unicorn at the same time.

She's now a weekly recurring cast member on The Unicorn, so they had to find another love interest for the Captain. Great that they got Lisa Edelstein (Dr. Cuddy from House), his character's ex-wife.

Old 02-11-2021, 02:05 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah, I like both shows. If I miss the night, I catch up via streaming.

Rob Lowe/The Captain's last love interest last season (the actress who played the part) was also the potential love interest of Wade on The Unicorn at the same time.

She's now a weekly recurring cast member on The Unicorn, so they had to find another love interest for the Captain. Great that they got Lisa Edelstein (Dr. Cuddy from House), his character's ex-wife.
Just as long as she(?) checks off as many "progressive" left wing boxes as possible. So....
A minority
Victim of racism
A die hard feminist
Had at least 1 abortion because a "fetus" was inconvenient
Has a ex who beat her
member of some radical left wing group (ANTIFA, PETA, CAIR, etc)

ummm...yeah

Old 02-11-2021, 07:17 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Just as long as she(?) checks off as many "progressive" left wing boxes as possible. So....
A minority
Victim of racism
A die hard feminist
Had at least 1 abortion because a "fetus" was inconvenient
Has a ex who beat her
member of some radical left wing group (ANTIFA, PETA, CAIR, etc)

ummm...yeah
Yep, I'm tired of it. They should make an effort to cast more...

racists
Nazis
insurrectionists
anti-vaxxers
misogynists
rapists
armed militia
QAnon
member of some radical right wing group I may have missed (KKK, Proud Boys, etc)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV