Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
It does look like pink stars falling.
I agree, but on the show they were moving up to the top of the egg. Maybe it's upside down lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 PM

The monarch will be crowned?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times
Is the monarch a butterfly or a king/queen?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Its all about the girl who was put in the bomb shelter. Something about her made junior go crazy, which has given her sway over his dad, now hes thinking crazy too. They show her butterfly tattoo alot in this series including right near end of this episode. Its about her rising to power and i bet she is pregent with juniors baby.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:46 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Its all about the girl who was put in the bomb shelter. Something about her made junior go crazy, which has given her sway over his dad, now hes thinking crazy too. They show her butterfly tattoo alot in this series including right near end of this episode. Its about her rising to power and i bet she is pregent with juniors baby.
They were both crazy long before she came around, from what I can tell. Big Jim is obviously a criminal and it seems that his son always had sociopathic tendencies but the Dome brought them to the forefront.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:33 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
[b]Disclaimer: I have not read the book, so the following is just conjecture[/B

SO as I am falling asleep, I had this "Hmmmm" Moment thinking about certain species on earth that lay eggs inside a protective cocoon or container and surround the eggs with a food source. SO we have this contained dome with people inside, and an apparently live egg sealed off from the other dome. SO What happens when it hatches and is ready to feed? Sounds horrific, but this is Stephen King.

Now I have mostly been disappointed with Stephen King adaptations to film. Examples are Cujo, Christine, Pet Sematary, all of which more or less flopped as film. The better ones, The Shining and Carrie, need credit more to Stanley Kubrick and Brian de Palma respectively. SO far, Under the Dome has many stylistic similarities to Lost, which was not a King production. The obvious comparison would be the numerous body count with each episode, as killing has become common place. Big Jim, his mentally unstable son, and other self-seeking criminal types seem to hold agendas which will probably continue to unfold.

As for the "Monarch will be crowned" quote, I cannot help but wonder too if the egg/hatchling will somehow assume control over the humans. Perhaps it is alien or demonic in origin, alien would explain the technology. Seeing the types of crooked individuals assembled under the dome, demonic would be a possibility as well. In either case, if this creature hatches and is crowned monarch of the dome, by whatever means, then the humans are in for a bigger challenge as they become subjects of this entity.

Again this is just conjecture.

I am so glad other people are watching this show. I have watched every episode, and my fear was that the ratings would be too low to have it continued. Summer shows often fail to be renewed and continued, and it would be disappointing to follow the episodes only to find out that CBS has pulled the plug on the Dome, leaving the questions unanswered.

Does anyone have any idea how many episodes were planned?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Don't forget the monarch butterflies that were congregating near the dome in the first or second episode.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
[b]Disclaimer: I have not read the book, so the following is just conjecture[/B

SO as I am falling asleep, I had this "Hmmmm" Moment thinking about certain species on earth that lay eggs inside a protective cocoon or container and surround the eggs with a food source. SO we have this contained dome with people inside, and an apparently live egg sealed off from the other dome. SO What happens when it hatches and is ready to feed? Sounds horrific, but this is Stephen King.

Now I have mostly been disappointed with Stephen King adaptations to film. Examples are Cujo, Christine, Pet Sematary, all of which more or less flopped as film. The better ones, The Shining and Carrie, need credit more to Stanley Kubrick and Brian de Palma respectively. SO far, Under the Dome has many stylistic similarities to Lost, which was not a King production. The obvious comparison would be the numerous body count with each episode, as killing has become common place. Big Jim, his mentally unstable son, and other self-seeking criminal types seem to hold agendas which will probably continue to unfold.

As for the "Monarch will be crowned" quote, I cannot help but wonder too if the egg/hatchling will somehow assume control over the humans. Perhaps it is alien or demonic in origin, alien would explain the technology. Seeing the types of crooked individuals assembled under the dome, demonic would be a possibility as well. In either case, if this creature hatches and is crowned monarch of the dome, by whatever means, then the humans are in for a bigger challenge as they become subjects of this entity.

Again this is just conjecture.

I am so glad other people are watching this show. I have watched every episode, and my fear was that the ratings would be too low to have it continued. Summer shows often fail to be renewed and continued, and it would be disappointing to follow the episodes only to find out that CBS has pulled the plug on the Dome, leaving the questions unanswered.

Does anyone have any idea how many episodes were planned?
Thirteen episodes was planned, it is filmed in a city here in North Carolina, called Burgaw, perfect setting for Chester Mill the city and people fit perfect.
My partner says the series has steered from the book awhile back and the end game well its a ending of who is left. Makes me curious if it drag into another season will it be twisted to something else.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-13-2013 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 AM

CBS has requested a season 2.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
For a while I was wondering when the autistic child would appear, staring at a snow globe. Almost came true last night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV