Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 07:14 AM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed. My only complaint is that top tier characters like the FF, Spidey, and the X-Men are still in the hands of other companies for movies.
I am guessing that since the big money is in the movies Marvel can give the Agents shows away to ABC for free, assuming Netflix doesn't provide a similar deal and advertising prospects. As it is did I hear right that since the FF movie is not helping them and in refusing the offer that can't be refused Marvel is no longer supporting The Fantastic Four with new content and killed it? So much for tier one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 07:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I am guessing that since the big money is in the movies Marvel can give the Agents shows away to ABC for free, assuming Netflix doesn't provide a similar deal and advertising prospects. As it is did I hear right that since the FF movie is not helping them and in refusing the offer that can't be refused Marvel is no longer supporting The Fantastic Four with new content and killed it? So much for tier one.
Yeah, it's very sad. The Fantastic Four is literally the First Family of the Marvel Universe. They define "Marvel" to me far more than the Avengers or even the X-Men.

I'm just speculating, but I bet Marvel is waiting to see how the next FF movie does. It it fails, they'll probably begin planning to get the rights back, much as they did with Daredevil. (And they'll likely do it, since Marvel/Disney has very deep pockets these days.) If the new movie succeeds, they'll probably begin planning to figure out how to incorporate it into the Marvel U again.

My reaction as a lifelong FF nerd to the first movie trailer: It looks like it might actually be a good movie. But will it be a good Fantastic Four movie? Have to say I'm very doubtful. I hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing more than for the next FF flick to be the best movie of the year.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah, it's very sad. The Fantastic Four is literally the First Family of the Marvel Universe. They define "Marvel" to me far more than the Avengers or even the X-Men.

I'm just speculating, but I bet Marvel is waiting to see how the next FF movie does. It it fails, they'll probably begin planning to get the rights back, much as they did with Daredevil. (And they'll likely do it, since Marvel/Disney has very deep pockets these days.) If the new movie succeeds, they'll probably begin planning to figure out how to incorporate it into the Marvel U again.

My reaction as a lifelong FF nerd to the first movie trailer: It looks like it might actually be a good movie. But will it be a good Fantastic Four movie? Have to say I'm very doubtful. I hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing more than for the next FF flick to be the best movie of the year.
I grew up with comics - mostly Marvel stuff - and I agree on the Fantastic Four. Loved them and Spider-Man the most as a kid, teenager and into my 20s. I also grew to like the X-Men as well. Never loved the Avengers, nor Hulk, Captain America, Thor or Iron Man on their own, either.

If you asked me as a teen or in my 20s (so, in the 1980s and into the 90s) if the Avengers or FF would be a bigger movie hit, I'd have bet anything that Fantastic Four would have been the bigger hit. Not that I didn't read Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, etc when I read comic books, but I just preferred Spider-Man (still my favorite comic book character) and FF. Heck, I used to read Amazing Spider-Man, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man, and Marvel Team-Up (which usually featured Spidey) religiously.

That said, Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man was brilliant casting, and I can't really imagine anybody else as Thor besides Chris Hemsworth. And, the guy playing Spidey in the last two movies kind of turned me off - I haven't even seen the second one yet.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Anyway, so how about S.H.I.E.L.D. last night? Lady Sif, and a Kree who was hunting their "experiments" (aka the Inhumans.) I am loving the way they are using S.H.E.I.L.D. to backdoor into the Inhumans. Plus the episode was pretty good.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Even though I enjoyed last night's episode, I have to admit that after it was over my first thought was:

Man, I miss AGENT CARTER.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:13 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Anyway, so how about S.H.I.E.L.D. last night? Lady Sif, and a Kree who was hunting their "experiments" (aka the Inhumans.) I am loving the way they are using S.H.E.I.L.D. to backdoor into the Inhumans. Plus the episode was pretty good.
One of the best episodes yet, at least in my opinion. I feared that the sub-plot of Skye trying to hide her new powers would go on for several episodes, but they've brought it out at the right time. I loved the way most of SHIELD rallied around Skye immediately, wanting to help and protect her. And the appearance of Sif was fun. By the way, Sif looked drop-dead gorgeous; she certainly wasn't unattractive before, but she looked really beautiful on the show this time, wonder if she had a new haircut or different makeup.

Looking forward to more.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is more than backing into telling the Inhuman story I think it is the primary focus so that the movie doesn't have to do an origin story. With Mac putting Hunter to sleep I think the Sword within SHIELD reveal will come before Avengers II.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
One of the best episodes yet, at least in my opinion. I feared that the sub-plot of Skye trying to hide her new powers would go on for several episodes, but they've brought it out at the right time. I loved the way most of SHIELD rallied around Skye immediately, wanting to help and protect her. And the appearance of Sif was fun. By the way, Sif looked drop-dead gorgeous; she certainly wasn't unattractive before, but she looked really beautiful on the show this time, wonder if she had a new haircut or different makeup.

Looking forward to more.
I think it was with Sif not being in the Asgardian garb the way she was in Thor, Thor: The Dark World and the previous Agents appearance. I really liked the episode as they were really able to introduce Skye's powers to the team pretty naturally without a forced Deus ex Macina. Now it gives the rest of the season to figure out how to deal with Skye's real identity of Daisy Johnson. And it also allows for the inhuman backstory to be built up as the Inhumans are complicated without the history aspect (just look at the Black Bolt/Maximus relationship.)

Old 03-11-2015, 07:07 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It is more than backing into telling the Inhuman story I think it is the primary focus so that the movie doesn't have to do an origin story. With Mac putting Hunter to sleep I think the Sword within SHIELD reveal will come before Avengers II.
I didn't hear what he said, so I definitely need to rewatch that scene. That kind of surprised me.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I didn't hear what he said, so I definitely need to rewatch that scene. That kind of surprised me.
If we are thinking about the same part it was something like reprising his statements about not liking to get violent. However while not quite "putting Hunter down", killing in SHIELD talk, he did assault him so a reason why will have to be told to others or to Hunter so he doesn't report it. So just as the others quickly found out about Skye being an alien, probably quicker than most fans expected the "Support Group" story or cover story will probably come from Mac or Bobbi in the next episode
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV