Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 11:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Seriously.

I propose that all Californians moving to the South-Central have to pay a hefty relocation tax.

Maybe that would cut down on the transplantation?

To the Californians, I hear that our northern neighbors Iowa and Nebraska are lovely this time of year.
What if they're Republicans from the Okie part of California, the Central Valley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 11:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Turf3 - I hate to tell you this but it is not 8 hours to the beach. since the recent storm we have a lake out back:>) Former Texan here:>)

Old 07-01-2021, 05:27 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
ohhh GAWWWWDDDD, it's eight hours to the beach, how can you SURRRVIIIIVE????? WHEEERE ARE THE MOUNNNNTAAAIIIINNNNSSS??? It's SOOOOO HOOTTTTTT we're MELLLLTINNNGGGG...

Yeah, right, Bucky, like you didn't look at a map before you sold your house and moved here?

Sorry Oklahomans, I'm so sorry for your trouble, we're a few years ahead of you in dealing with the infestation and no end in sight.

--A Texan
Gosh, it seems like just yesterday that Texas car bumpers were covered with "We don't care how you did it up north" stickers. LOL.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:20 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Gosh, it seems like just yesterday that Texas car bumpers were covered with "We don't care how you did it up north" stickers. LOL.
Yes, that was the invasion from Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. Our saying was "they never stop complaining but they never leave, either". They were also some of the rudest people you'd ever meet. On the other hand, unlike the Californian infestation, they didn't come in and pay 20% over asking price for any horrible shack, so that all the rest of us can't afford a new house and all our property taxes go up at unprecedented rates.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yes, that was the invasion from Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. Our saying was "they never stop complaining but they never leave, either". They were also some of the rudest people you'd ever meet. On the other hand, unlike the Californian infestation, they didn't come in and pay 20% over asking price for any horrible shack, so that all the rest of us can't afford a new house and all our property taxes go up at unprecedented rates.
You all can't catch a break down there. Quite frankly it's been tough watching Texas boom all these decades while Oklahoma remains rather stagnant. But I guess there is a price to pay for that kind of growth. Putting up with Yankees and Californians must be that price.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:05 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
You're city certainly wants Californians and other remote/tech workers to move there. You're essentially bribing folks with 10K a piece to move here.

https://tulsaremote.com/

Old 07-02-2021, 01:19 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What if they're Republicans from the Okie part of California, the Central Valley?
Just like Merle Haggard, an Okie who moved to California as a kid during the great depression. He even has his own street in Bakersfield. I also personally know a few older generation Okie/Californians who are between the two states.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Just like Merle Haggard, an Okie who moved to California as a kid during the great depression. He even has his own street in Bakersfield. I also personally know a few older generation Okie/Californians who are between the two states.
Merle was actually born in Oildale, CA shortly after his parents migrated to the Bakersfield area. They were from Checotah, OK. Which is the next town just south of........Muskogee.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:16 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
you all can't catch a break down there. Quite frankly it's been tough watching texas boom all these decades while oklahoma remains rather stagnant. But i guess there is a price to pay for that kind of growth. putting up with yankees and californians must be that price. :d

Eggsactly!

Old 07-06-2021, 07:53 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yep, that would be me, lol. And as for complaining about hot weather, you guys don't have anything over us on hot. Here's my area's 10 day forecast. I love Oklahoma, especially the eastern hilly parts around Pushmataha county.
Attached Thumbnails
Californians Moving to Tulsa?-screenshot-2021-07-06-18-48  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa