Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 06:23 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Exposure to germs can strengthen your immune system. Having just read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, I don't trust any food today free of chemicals. That should be more of a worry!

Having traveled the world, and eating street food in India, Mexico, Nepal, China, I never got sick from eating street food.

You need to put a bigger scare in me than dirty hands and fingers!

We live in a world today, where people concentrate too much on a leaf, and overlook the tree and forest.
Just because you never have gotten sick does not mean you won't in the future.

https://www.cdc.gov/foodborneburden/...nited%20States.

"CDC estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases each year in the United States."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 08:58 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Food borne illnesses: eating the ultra-processed foods that make up a majority of American meals these days.

Old 04-20-2024, 10:33 AM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Hopefully, it's better than it was in the last couple of year. I used to love their speciality salads but they all but stopped making them. They also got lazy about changing up the soups. This was in Illinois.

Old 04-20-2024, 11:02 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,003,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Exposure to germs can strengthen your immune system. Having just read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, I don't trust any food today free of chemicals. That should be more of a worry!

Having traveled the world, and eating street food in India, Mexico, Nepal, China, I never got sick from eating street food.

You need to put a bigger scare in me than dirty hands and fingers!
We live in a world today, where people concentrate too much on a leaf, and overlook the tree and forest.
No kidding on the bolded. Enduring the madness and the behaviors of people during the Covid meltdown was so frustrating to me. At times I went out of my way to catch the virus in order to strengthen my immune system, but it never happened.

Worried about germs on shared utensils? Never even crosses my mind when I'm at buffets. Think about all the public door handles, railings, etc you might touch on a daily basis, or even things in your own home that are used by multiple people and their dirty hands. Germs are everywhere and are of little consequence to the average healthy person.

I love salad bars and am glad to hear Sweet Tomatoes is coming back. The salad bar at my local grocery store finally came back only a few months ago, after going away during Covid.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:45 PM

682 posts, read 718,586 times
Dirty hands do touch the multiple spoons and such that everyone grabs on the buffet. Its gross to think that people do not wash their hands before eating...everyone thinking that they are young and that their immune system will get stronger for the germs. News to all of us here...older people have far weaker immune systems..and you are not going to get a stronger immune system from injesting someone else snot or fecal germs.
This Sweet Tomatoes already has a complaint.....I think eating salad from a buffet would also have a big chance of getting sick from unclean veggies.
Here is the complaint....

D
Sweet Tomatoes, East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ, USA

I ate dinner during the soft opening of Sweet Tomatoes at Broadway and Wilmot in Tucson on Saturday April, 29th 2024 . Middle of the night while sleeping i started feeling sick, i get cramps, constipated, feel like a boxer punched my stomach several times. I have … been sick for 3 days in a row now and feel bloated all the time since then... I am suspicious of e-coli. It sux, there is no phone number to contact the location. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps, Bloating, Constipation

Taken from here...
https://iwaspoisoned.com/biz/sweet-t...-states#scroll

Old 04-20-2024, 03:03 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
Dirty hands do touch the multiple spoons and such that everyone grabs on the buffet. Its gross to think that people do not wash their hands before eating...everyone thinking that they are young and that their immune system will get stronger for the germs. News to all of us here...older people have far weaker immune systems..and you are not going to get a stronger immune system from injesting someone else snot or fecal germs.
This Sweet Tomatoes already has a complaint.....I think eating salad from a buffet would also have a big chance of getting sick from unclean veggies.
Here is the complaint....

D
Sweet Tomatoes, East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ, USA

I ate dinner during the soft opening of Sweet Tomatoes at Broadway and Wilmot in Tucson on Saturday April, 29th 2024 . Middle of the night while sleeping i started feeling sick, i get cramps, constipated, feel like a boxer punched my stomach several times. I have … been sick for 3 days in a row now and feel bloated all the time since then... I am suspicious of e-coli. It sux, there is no phone number to contact the location. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps, Bloating, Constipation

Taken from here...
https://iwaspoisoned.com/biz/sweet-t...-states#scroll
That is quite a feat, since it is not yet April 29 and April 29 will not be a Saturday. How does one have both diarrhea and constipation at the same time?

Old 04-20-2024, 03:04 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,870,183 times
April 29 hasn't happened yet. Furthermore, these alleged symptoms could be the result of some other exposure to/ingestion of spoiled food. I'm not trying to assert that the meal at Sweet Tomatoes didn't cause the issues. Some people should avoid buffets and salad bars, as some people are more susceptible to bacteria.

Last edited by pathrunner; 04-20-2024 at 03:19 PM..

Old 04-20-2024, 09:37 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is quite a feat, since it is not yet April 29 and April 29 will not be a Saturday. How does one have both diarrhea and constipation at the same time?

Great Response and Beautifully Stated . . .

Old 04-20-2024, 10:07 PM

682 posts, read 718,586 times
I just copied and pasted from the person's complaint. They were probably feeling pretty sick. If you would have clicked on the link and looked at their receipt, it obviously says MARCH. The person just made a mistake writing their frustration out.
The symptoms are automatically put into the complaint....it lists what everyone feels when they eat bad food.

Just like this place to act all arrogant and obviously not look up what people link too.
They paid over $50 bucks to eat trough like style for 3 people.
https://images.iwaspoisoned.com/1111...2174346619.jpg

Last edited by beckerd2; 04-20-2024 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: abc

Old 04-21-2024, 04:52 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Unwashed or poorly washed vegetables, could help explain that, not dirty hands on utensils.

The chemicals in the vegetables we eat is an unknown, and probably for the best. Nothing is more blissful in this world than ignorance.

If you ever read any books on environmental pollution, you'll become suspicious of anything you eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson