Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 9,317 times

Advertisements

Just wondered if anyone living in this area who has arthritis has helped lessen your joint pain? I do know humidity can increase joint pain and do believe there is humidity in the area. Just curious before I decide to make a drastic move.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 11:20 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,925,433 times
Living in an arid climate does reduce joint pain for many folks, that's why a lot of seniors retire to the desert. I myself lived in Arizona for over 6 years, and I did well with osteoarthritis. I now live in the SE and unfortunately I have to take Celebrex every day because humidity as you know exacerbates arthritis. When I was out in California (where I am from) for 5 weeks earlier this year I forgot to take it, being so busy with family and friends. Got back to the SE, within a few days felt the (negative) difference.

The only time you're really going to experience humidity in Arizona is during monsoon season, typically July through August and maybe part of September depending upon the year. During those times you can take something to ease the pain, but you also may not need it. You'd just have to see. I myself did not need anything for arthritis pain during the humid season.

IMO it's a good move for you to make.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:54 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,885,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust70 View Post
Just wondered if anyone living in this area who has arthritis has helped lessen your joint pain? I do know humidity can increase joint pain and do believe there is humidity in the area. Just curious before I decide to make a drastic move.

Thanks in advance.
For me, it's more the heat than the lack of humidity that helps me. The heat makes my joints feel better. I've lived in hotter places than Tucson and while it was stinkin' hot in Palm Springs, I'd walk out of the overly air-conditioned office into 115F and within minutes I could move around more easily.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:01 AM

10,915 posts, read 7,424,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust70 View Post

Thanks in advance.
What makes you think there is humidity in the area? My skin disagrees.
You know what they say about Arizona; "It's hot, but it's a DRY heat."

Though we do get some humidity during monsoon. It rained quite a bit last night; humidity at my house right now is 45%. It can go down to single digits during a heat wave.

Last edited by steiconi; 09-21-2022 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson