Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who was the worst serial killer in US history?
ed gein 22 12.36%
jeffery dahmer 55 30.90%
ted bundy 50 28.09%
john wayne gacy 51 28.65%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:39 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that it is only the method which separates the black and white serial killers. blacks are fine with a simple gunshot usually, whites usually engage in necrophilia and cannibalism.
Apparently you've never heard of Marc Sappington.

Marc Sappington - Crime Library on truTV.com

I wouldn't say that 'whites usually engage in necrophilia and cannibalism'. Both traits are rare, even for serial killers.

I don't think that the US has any more serial killers than any other country, it's just that more of them are recognized and caught due to more advanced technology, criminology, and forensics. In areas where the technology and proceedures aren't as advanced, law enforcement might not even recognize there is a serial killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddess2u View Post
Thre are so many who deserve this title but in my opinion it's Jeffrey Dahmer. The things he did to his victims is horrific. The wages of sin is death and that's exactly what he got.
'

I would have killed him myself if I were in jail. Scary to know that at anytime he could sink his teeth into you!!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
one just came back to mind. the DC sniper. I was living in the area at the time and those two had people freaked out. I saw a few people with bullet proof vests on at the gas station.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times
Quote:
one just came back to mind. the DC sniper. I was living in the area at the time and those two had people freaked out. I saw a few people with bullet proof vests on at the gas station.
I lived there too at the time and even then I knew a "bulletproof" vest doesn't stop any rifle bullets. So I didn't bother to wear one.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:

i wouldnt qualify dude, i think serial killers do heinous ****, body mutilation, cannibalism, hand work!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
The way things are going in this country, it surproses me that there are so few serial killers.

Every time there si a school shooting, the anchor-bot wrings her manicured hands and plaintively asks "Why would any kid do that?" What I wonder, is why do so few do it.?

I remember reading an article about a town that has a lot of Somali refugees in the US.. It quoted a girl who was born in Somalia,, lived her early years in wartorn Mogadishu, her mid-years in a tent in a refugee camp in Sudan, then to Atlanta. She said "The cruelest place I've ever been is High School."

Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,133,121 times
Dont forget about Wayne Williams, killed a bunch of kids in Atlanta. Would Colin Ferguson or Charles Manson be eligible ? What if it's a killer that did all his serial killings in one day ? The texas tower gunman, or post office killers, the uni-bomber, columbine or virginia tech ? I see little difference between them, its the body count that makes them all equally sick IMO. They all need to fry. If they could round up the lot of them, and do one mass execution, I volunteer to be the next serial killer.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 11,749 times
There was another murderer who no one has mentioned and that's Richard Ramirez who killed many women in California.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:53 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,648 times
I learned about a group of people and there is a website about it, I think it is called murderobelia or something like that...people think it is super to be able to write to these serial killers, or to obtain something of theirs...and they bid these outrageous sums of money for these things..gave me the creeps...hey, I am pretty open-minded but I do think it is kinda strange to have a collection of 'stuff' from these people...weird for me...

Old 10-04-2008, 06:32 AM

271 posts, read 583,270 times
Howard Arthur Allen. Indianapolis. 3 or more victims.

Jake Bird. Tacoma, Washington. He offed two in the Tacoma area in the 1940s and a total of 44 nationwide.

Terry A. Blair. Kansas City area. 8 victims. 2003-4.

Arthur Bomar. Philadelphia and Nevada. 4 or 5 victims.

Daniel Andrew Bowler. Richmond, Virginia. 3 victims.

Eugene Britt. Gary, Indiana. 10 or more victims.

Maurice Byrd. St. Louis area. 20 victims.

Reginald and Jonathan Carr. Wichita, Kansas. 5 victims.

Jarvis Catoe. New York City. 13 victims. 1941-42.

Leonard Christopher. Philadelpha. 7 victims. 1980s.

Alton Coleman. Midwestern USA. 8 victims.

Andre Crawford. Southside Chicago. 10 victims.

Paul Durousseau. Jacksonvile, Florida; Georgia. 6 victims, two of which were pregnant women.

Lorenzo Fayne. East St. Louis, Illinois. 5 victims, all children.

Kendall Francois. Poughkeepsie, New York and environs. 8 victims, all women.

Carlton Gary. Columbus, Georgia. 3 victims.

Lorenzo J. Gilyard. Kansas City, Missouri. 12 victims, all women. (May be Missouri's worst serial killer ever, according to the Kansas City Star.)

Mark Goudeau. Valley of the Sun, Arizona. "Baseline Killer." 9 kills, along with 15 sexual assaults and 11 kidnappings during his year-long spree.

Harrison Graham. North Philadelphia city. 7 victims, possibly more.

Vaughn Greenwood. Louisiana. 11 victims.

Kevin and Reginald Haley. Los Angeles. 8 victims. 1979-84.

Ralph Harris. Southside Chicago. 6 victims, along with 13 armed robberies and 6 sexual assaults. The first four murders in 1992 and the final two in 1995 sandwiched a prison stint for armed robbery.

Clarence Hill. Bucks County, PA. "Duck Island Killer." 6 victims, three pairs of "lovers lane" couples. 1939-42.

Ivan Hill. Los Angeles. "60 Freeway Slayer." 6 women. 1993-4.

Elton M. Jackson. Norfolk, Virginia area. 12 victims.

Calvin Jackson. New York State. 9 victims, possibly more.

Edward James. Las Vegas. 3 victims. (He and Troy Sampson [see below] were both "thrill" serial killers, who brutally murdered random, innocent white people -- EPH)

Richard "Babyface" Jameswhite. New York State; Georgia. 15 victims.

Milton Johnson. Joliet, IL. 4 victims.

Devine Jones. St. Louis area. 3 victims, possibly more.

Henry Lee Jones. Southern Florida; Bartlett, Tennessee. 4 victims, possibly more.

Arhon Kee. Harlem, New York City, New York. 3 girls. Late 1990s.

Gregory Klepper. Southside Chicago. 8 victims.

Derrick Todd Lee. Southern Louisiana. 5 victims.

Matthew Macon. Central Michigan. 7 victims.

Hulon Mitchell, a.k.a. Yahweh Ben Yahweh. Florida. 20 victims, possibly more.

John Allan Mohammed and Lee Boyd Malvo. Washington, D.C. and suburbs in Maryland and Virginia; Montgomery, Alabama; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Tacoma, Washington; Georgia; Tucson, Arizona. 13 to 19 victims, and probalby many many more.

Edward Lee Mosley. Southern Florida. 25 to 30 victims, all women.

Mohammed Alan Omar. Country of Yemen. 16 victims, all women. (Omar is Sudanese.)

Gerald Parker. "The Bedroom Basher." 6 white women, Southern CA.

Craig Price. Warwick, Rhode Island. 4 victims.

Cleophus Prince. San Diego, California. 6 victims.

Richmond Trio. Ricky Jovan Gray, Ashley Baskerville and Ray Joseph Dandridge. Richmond, VA. 8 victims among the three of them in several loosely related serial murder incidents.

Robert Rozier. Miami, Florida. 6 victims.

George Russell. Washington State. 3 victims, all women.

Troy Sampson. (See Edward James, above.)

Lemuel Smith. Upstate New York. 4 victims.

Timothy W. Spencer. Arlington, Virginia and Richmond, Virginia. 5 victims.

Maury Travis. St. Louis area; Atlanta area (?). 17 victims, possibly more.

Chester Dewayne Turner. Los Angeles. 12 victims, all women.

Unidentified. Indianapolis. 15 victims.

Michael Vernon. The Bronx, New York. 7 victims. (Five of his victims he killed in a shoe store because the store did not have shoes in his size. He later offed one pizza delivery man and one gypsy cab driver.)

Henry Louis Wallace. Charlotte, North Carolina. 9 victims.

Coral Eugene Watts. Texas; Michigan; Canada. He has confessed to 13 killings, but is suspected in as many as 80 killings.)

John Williams, Jr. Raleigh, North Carolina. 5 victims. 1990s.

Wayne Williams. Atlanta area. 33 victims.

Donald E. Younge, Jr. East St. Louis, Illinois; Salt Lake City, Utah. 4 victims.

Zebra Killers. Three convicted in San Francisco. 78 victims.

Not all serial killers are white so why make a poll to that effect? i say the zebra killers were the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime