Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:11 PM

154 posts, read 925,855 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between Richland and West Richland? Is one area nicer than the other? Is one area more rural than the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 02:33 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
West Richland used to be more rural and was divided by the yakima river. The bombing range exploded years back and houses abound everywhere.
Richland was mostly goverment housing now it has exploded and moved out in all directions possible.
I would still choose west richland over richland if you can get down towards where the race track is towards benton city.
Which is also a choice for you, if you want rural there may still be large parcels in badger canyon.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM

10 posts, read 49,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
West Richland used to be more rural and was divided by the yakima river. The bombing range exploded years back and houses abound everywhere.
Richland was mostly goverment housing now it has exploded and moved out in all directions possible.
I would still choose west richland over richland if you can get down towards where the race track is towards benton city.
Which is also a choice for you, if you want rural there may still be large parcels in badger canyon.
I wouldn't buy into West Richland for being rural, as West Richland is growing quick. Probably the fastest growing area in the Tri Cities. I would buy into West Richland for it's investment potential, rather than it's rural atmosphere. I 'm afraid if a rural community is desired, one would have to go a bit further.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 PM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times
Richland is an older area.. it has it's charm but you have to really check areas before you buy.

West Richland is newer and as gently said.. growing fast!!! New homes and neighborhoods sprouting up quickly. New shopping strips everywhere.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:23 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
notice I said used to be...
The bombing range area all used to be wide open, now its houses sitting on the old bombing range. lots and lots of em.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM

10 posts, read 49,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
notice I said used to be...
The bombing range area all used to be wide open, now its houses sitting on the old bombing range. lots and lots of em.
Yup! There is now a Walmart and Home Depot there as well. I was a contractor in SoCal and one of my clients did aerial maps for the big box stores. This client told me that when big box stores move in, the growth is pretty much a given. Not because the big box stores create it, but that they foresee it. My wife and I are realtors in the Tri Cities and when we moved here four years ago we thought we were in the peak of the real estate cycle. Nevertheless, we purchased over 20 rental units. To our surprise, all those rental units have increased in value because of the growth here.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 10,064 times
Default Different Cities

West Richland is a seperate city from Richland with its own police department, mayor, city hall, etc. West Richland is smaller but very close. Land prices are more expensive in West Richland as it is a more desirable place to live. Richland is perdominantly older government housing from the Hanford Project. There are very nice areas in both cities and also less nice areas in both cities. When considering where to live I would suggest Southwest West Richland and either North Richland or the area known as Meadow Springs in Richland. Central and South Richland are not as nice and are where most of the old government housing is. Although most of both cities are very nice places to raise children and safe neighborhoods.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kogan03 View Post
West Richland is a seperate city from Richland with its own police department, mayor, city hall, etc. West Richland is smaller but very close. Land prices are more expensive in West Richland as it is a more desirable place to live. Richland is perdominantly older government housing from the Hanford Project. There are very nice areas in both cities and also less nice areas in both cities. When considering where to live I would suggest Southwest West Richland and either North Richland or the area known as Meadow Springs in Richland. Central and South Richland are not as nice and are where most of the old government housing is. Although most of both cities are very nice places to raise children and safe neighborhoods.
Seems some people are forgetting about the nicest location to live in Richland and possibly Tricities..for which is Horn Rapids..We purchased a beautiful home here last year, but must state the houses range in prices from $220K to over 600K so I would have to say houses and property are more than they are in West Richland as you stated....Horn Rapids is built around a Golf Course, and have other activities for "home owners and guests ONLY", such as a swimming pool, tennis court, and by next year a local Grocery Store, such as Yokes..
Your best bet would probably be check with the each town's Chamber of Commerce on purchase of a home and questions....Best location to live all depends on the individual, as you see on this forum we all have our opinions and best choices, but you have to decide for yourselves...

It's best to visit the area before a decision is made as I did last year...
Good Luck on your decision...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 PM

46 posts, read 230,374 times
II too am a Horn Rapids resident and it is a GREAT place to live...and I do not play golf!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 PM

4 posts, read 26,199 times
I have lived in both West Richland, North Richland, and South Richland. All were good neighborhoods with good schools. North Richland had some older homes but great neighborhood. I bought new homes in West and South Richland. Both were great. The one thing I like about S. Richland better is that it is centrally located to practically everywhere, it is just so convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities