Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM

86 posts, read 254,351 times

Advertisements

Looking for hotel/motels in Downtown Toronto or neighboring area for around $100 CAD. Planning to be there in the summer or fall for about 3 nights. I wouldn't mind having to take a bus or subway.

I've found these 3 so far that seem okay:
*Super 8 in Chinatown - 130 a night seems expensive for a Super 8, but location is good
*Howard Johnson in Markham - cheaper, decent hotel, not far from downtown
*Beach Motel in Toronto - website says to be 10 minutes from downtown, seems like a nice quaint place

I'm not looking for something super nice, GF and I are just gonna be there for sleep and the horizontal polka. Gonna spend most of our time sight seeing.

Also, what are some interesting places to visit? Main reason for going there is the Hockey Hall of Fame. No tourist traps please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,841 times
Try the Bond Place Hotel located just off Yonge at Dundas. Downtown Toronto Hotels - Bond Place Hotel - Hotels in Toronto, ON

The Hockey Hall of Fame isn't a tourist trap? LOL

There's a great view from the top of the CN Tower, you could take in a Blue Jays game, and the Royal Ontario Museum or the Art Gallery of Ontario might be worth a stop.

For a great movie experience, check out the Cinesphere IMAX at Ontario Place.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,567 times
Well if he's interested in the sport, maybe the Hockey Hall of Fame is something that he really wants to go see, it would only make it a "tourist trap" if the person has no interest at all in the sport of Hockey.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
The Hockey Hall of Fame isn't a tourist trap? LOL
It's not like I'm gonna buy a bunch of crap there. Don't hate on my Mecca, dude!

Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 PM

I'm also intrigued by this place: Jun Jun Hotel

It's very cheap, so I'm not expecting anything glamorous. But this is a budget trip and I've read a few good reviews.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
I'm also intrigued by this place: Jun Jun Hotel

It's very cheap, so I'm not expecting anything glamorous. But this is a budget trip and I've read a few good reviews.

Hey, they rent rooms by the hour and use the fact your room will have a window as a selling point, so............ya know.

But, if it's adventure you want, I'm betting the Jun Jun could provide an experience you'd be talking about for years to come.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,503,858 times
Hotels in Toronto Accommodation Cheap Toronto Hotel
http://www.toronto.com/hotels

Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 AM

332 posts, read 821,936 times
Consider a bed and breakfast, girls like that sort of thing! The prices seem to be in your budget and it includes breakfast!

Toronto bed and breakfast & inns. Find the perfect Toronto B&B lodging on BedandBreakfast.com.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Hey, they rent rooms by the hour and use the fact your room will have a window as a selling point, so............ya know.

But, if it's adventure you want, I'm betting the Jun Jun could provide an experience you'd be talking about for years to come.
We've actually decided on this hotel. I've read 4 reviews, 2 from Yelp and some other site, trip advisor I think, and they didn't have any bad things to say.

We recently stayed at a seedy hotel in Taiwan that had cigarette burns in the sheets and one time when we came back from a day out there was police tape over a door, so it would be pretty hard to scare us off.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 16,573 times
the Bay Street motel is DIRT cheap [url=http://www.baystreetmotel.com/]Bay Street Motel - Budget Hotel Toronto[/url] Its close to everything downtown ( I believe its at Bay and Dundas). I've heard reports of bed bugs though so I wouldn't leave your clothing on your bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto