Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times

Advertisements

I think the FBI should do an investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Piggies? oink oinks? ...LMFAO !!!!!!

Yeah, I think the armed patrols by the Black Panthers will be a great idea! Those donut bellied oink oinks won't stand a chance.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
All the hysteria and supposition in this thread is incredulous to me. All you have are some newspaper reports. Granted there may be some real issues here and if so ... FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE US JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ... any of the "victims" are at liberty to do just that.

Ya know many times some of what is reported by the "news" is twisted and sometimes out and out lies. Now, I don't think in this case it is out and out lies but one has to ask why has the Justice Department not recieved a complaint, or has the news service not reported the complaints that are being investigated by the Feds. I am assuming the "news" source has been thorough and checked out that angle. Again, generally where there is smoke there is fire but generally there are proper channels to follow too ... unless this is a conspiracy reaching to the national level.

Black Panthers ... really!!!!! This is Texas ... I think y'all should say ... "Git a rope" !!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:10 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Eh, I was just wondering if the Black Panther thing would be legal.

As for this being Texas... I mean, it does seem to fit doesn't it? We're a state that is all about people's right to carry arms. What could be more normal here than armed individuals, especially in rural areas?

Besides, it's just about the image. I seem to recall that the Panther's guns are not even loaded when they are "observing" things like poll places/city council meetings... it's about the image and drawing media attention.

I think drawing media attention is the best thing that can be done; it's like turning on the light in a cockroach-infested garage. "Proper channels" tend to be worthless when government is corrupt. And let's be honest, it is corrupt in many rural Texas areas.

The big question on my mind is: where are Jesse and Al? I'm thinking there must be some big money settlement talks going on, and the plaintiffs' lawyers have them already on board as one of their cards -- which they may be holding back to use.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, it needs to be stopped. Can't the Federal government do something about it? It needs to go to a higher level. This amounts to terrorism.
If you read the book "Terror on 59" it explains why no one speaks up. It also explains why it took so long for anyone to do anything about it. Small town pigs can threaten residents just the same as the mob does. Small town pigs were running over those who threatened to file complaints. Just as the mob was dumping bodies in Central Park to keep them quiet. At the triangle up where FM156 hits 190 was the dumping ground for bodies by that San Jacinto Sheriffs Dept.

Also if you can get your mitts on the movie/video "Terror on 91" released in 1999 staring Ricky Schroder among others the movie takes you through life in a small Texas town and how the towns people dealt with the crooked Sheriff. James "Humpy" Parker was his name. Good news is he died in prison. Even better news is just this very week his son who was a Sheriffs Deputy back then and accused of raping females right out on the highway in exchange for not giving a summons was arrested for robbing a donut shop in Onalaska. Is there a joke in there somewhere? Nope it is the truth. Headlines: Ex Cop robs a donut shop.

Back then they pulled people over with no probable cause. If they find nothing they then smash the left tail light lens. A broken light is probable cause. Texas Rangers found that 90% of all traffic stops on 59 had a broken left tail lens. They would pull over anyone with a Houston 101.1 KLOL bumper sticker, take them to jail and say if you dont hand over all your valubles then you will rot in jail. If you give it all up we will let you leave with no charges filed.

Strangely the move is set in Georgia but is based on the true story from Coldspring, Shepherd and Onalaska area of Texas. 2 years ago ABC TV did a short documentary on how it is still going on.

Good to see some interest though rather then just defending the oink oink donut connoisseurs.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 AM

17 posts, read 35,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
what is the real problem is that in TX this attitude/policy gets accepted very readily by the local people--who view the ones getting ripped off as outsiders who probably "deserve" what they get, who don't care as long as the money does not come out of their pockets since it does work to reduce their tax portion, who elect sheriffs/judges/mayors who look the other way when confronted with illegal application of the laws...
This may have been true a few decades ago but it is simply not true today. Sure, there are cretins in every race, region, and culture. Texas is no different. But I assure you most Texans today would not tolerate this kind of horrible behavior from their police force.

I am willing to wager very few people in Tehana knew this was even going on. Those that did and condoned it by keeping quiet should be tried as accessories.

Quote:
Well, it needs to be stopped. Can't the Federal government do something about it? It needs to go to a higher level. This amounts to terrorism.
It's not terrorism and that kind of attitude by our general citizenry is what has given this federal monster the oppressive Marxist power it now wields. It is a heinous crime. the "Hate Crime" legislation is another example of giving government too much power because it is abused by prosecutors more often than not, but yes, even I agree these are "hate crimes" and the actors who are found guilty that were involved in this disgusting conduct should suffer every civil and criminal penalty allowed by law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They are just members of the worlds largest street gang of thugs.
I can understand why you might feel this way but I assure you if we did not have law enforcement officials, the vast majority of whom are good guys, you would not like the world in which you suddenly found yourself.

Quote:
And the only thing we can do about it is just not proper to mention in this forum.
Fortunately that is not true. I am not an attorney but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express one time. Government officials acting under color of law can be sued in both their official and their personal capacities if certain criteria is met. In this case that criteria could be easily established IMO and brought under §1983 of Title 42 U.S.C. (a.k.a. Bivens Action) and I am sure that is how it will be brought by some or many of the unfortunate victims who suffered this cruel and unusual treatment "...which shocks the conscience of the average person...." .

What I would like to see is a federal prosecutor bring this under a RICO complaint. If it can brought this way (and I don't know if it can) the criminal penalties available to the U.S. Attorney would be vast and harsh. The cowards would wish they had never donned a badge and gun because they will never see the light of day outside prison walls again.

There are instances where federal intervention is appropriate, and although I am an ardent opponent of the federal totalitarianism we see growing today, this is a rare instance where I favor a federal remedy. Black citizens who have suffered this kind of cruelty deserve the full measure of justice which can be given them by every possible means of redress.

I would hope the federal prosecutor will save some nice juicy charges for the state prosector as well, and do so in a way which would prevent a double jeopardy defense. These animals should have the opportunity to serve state jail terms too if they happen to outlive their federal sentences. A state penitentiary is the last place a cop wants to go ~ so that's exactly where they ought to end up, and with the black inmates of course.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
The big question on my mind is: where are Jesse and Al?
I was wondering this myself.... This is something those 2 would be all over.
Quote:
If you read the book "Terror on 59" it explains why no one speaks up. It also explains why it took so long for anyone to do anything about it. Small town pigs can threaten residents just the same as the mob does. Small town pigs were running over those who threatened to file complaints. Just as the mob was dumping bodies in Central Park to keep them quiet. At the triangle up where FM156 hits 190 was the dumping ground for bodies by that San Jacinto Sheriffs Dept.

Also if you can get your mitts on the movie/video "Terror on 91" released in 1999 staring Ricky Schroder among others the movie takes you through life in a small Texas town and how the towns people dealt with the crooked Sheriff. James "Humpy" Parker was his name. Good news is he died in prison. Even better news is just this very week his son who was a Sheriffs Deputy back then and accused of raping females right out on the highway in exchange for not giving a summons was arrested for robbing a donut shop in Onalaska. Is there a joke in there somewhere? Nope it is the truth. Headlines: Ex Cop robs a donut shop.

Back then they pulled people over with no probable cause. If they find nothing they then smash the left tail light lens. A broken light is probable cause. Texas Rangers found that 90% of all traffic stops on 59 had a broken left tail lens. They would pull over anyone with a Houston 101.1 KLOL bumper sticker, take them to jail and say if you dont hand over all your valubles then you will rot in jail. If you give it all up we will let you leave with no charges filed.

Strangely the move is set in Georgia but is based on the true story from Coldspring, Shepherd and Onalaska area of Texas. 2 years ago ABC TV did a short documentary on how it is still going on.

Good to see some interest though rather then just defending the oink oink donut connoisseurs.
I'm going to look for that movie! Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless Native View Post
It's not terrorism and that kind of attitude by our general citizenry is what has given this federal monster the oppressive Marxist power it now wields. It is a heinous crime. the "Hate Crime" legislation is another example of giving government too much power because it is abused by prosecutors more often than not, but yes, even I agree these are "hate crimes" and the actors who are found guilty that were involved in this disgusting conduct should suffer every civil and criminal penalty allowed by law.

I can understand why you might feel this way but I assure you if we did not have law enforcement officials, the vast majority of whom are good guys, you would not like the world in which you suddenly found yourself.

What I would like to see is a federal prosecutor bring this under a RICO complaint. If it can brought this way (and I don't know if it can) the criminal penalties available to the U.S. Attorney would be vast and harsh. The cowards would wish they had never donned a badge and gun because they will never see the light of day outside prison walls again.

There are instances where federal intervention is appropriate, and although I am an ardent opponent of the federal totalitarianism we see growing today, this is a rare instance where I favor a federal remedy. Black citizens who have suffered this kind of cruelty deserve the full measure of justice which can be given them by every possible means of redress.

I would hope the federal prosecutor will save some nice juicy charges for the state prosector as well, and do so in a way which would prevent a double jeopardy defense. These animals should have the opportunity to serve state jail terms too if they happen to outlive their federal sentences. A state penitentiary is the last place a cop wants to go ~ so that's exactly where they ought to end up, and with the black inmates of course.
I disagree with what's in bold. Everything else I agree with. How can you say it's not terrorism...stopping people and telling them they will rot in jail unless they give all their valuables up, telling them they will never see their children again...that is TERRORISM, besides being a hate crime.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless Native View Post
This may have been true a few decades ago but it is simply not true today. Sure, there are cretins in every race, region, and culture. Texas is no different. But I assure you most Texans today would not tolerate this kind of horrible behavior from their police force.

I am willing to wager very few people in Tehana knew this was even going on. Those that did and condoned it by keeping quiet should be tried as accessories.

Fortunately that is not true. I am not an attorney but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express one time. Government officials acting under color of law can be sued in both their official and their personal capacities if certain criteria is met. In this case that criteria could be easily established IMO and brought under §1983 of Title 42 U.S.C. (a.k.a. Bivens Action) and I am sure that is how it will be brought by some or many of the unfortunate victims who suffered this cruel and unusual treatment "...which shocks the conscience of the average person...." .

Welcome to our forum. You do seem to look upon the members of the worlds largest street gang thugs as being not capable of doing no wrong. The corruption went on for 2 years before the complaints became so numerous that the Feds had to step in. And a young Hippy Reporter from Austin 3 hours from home blew the case making the feds look bad before they stepped in.

We cant fight city hall as the saying goes. It's not just here. Just google police corruption and there are a million hits. Portland. Oregon being the worst and Las Vegas coming 2nd worse. We cant fight it. No one will listen. It's in the city's best interest to stuff their ears. It is afterall the pigs who are bringing in great deals of money extorted from us peasants. If we even so much as question a pig they shoot us and put their untracable plant gun they carry into our hands and cry self defense.

If I appear to be madder then the rest here it is because the whole "Terror on 59" happened right in my little Pop. 691 town. And my other adopted town is just above Houston where I watch blacks get shaken down. Im not black but I"ll stand tall with them if they need marchers. Im sick of pig harassment and I believe everyone else is too.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
I believe in "the good, the bad and the ugly" in everything. Same goes for law enforcement. There are good cops and there are bad and ugly cops. Yes, we do NEED law enforcement, especially in today's world, but what is happening in Tenaha, TX is just mind blowing to say the least. How can law enforecment get away with terroristic tactics like that?

I'm glad that newspapers all over the nation are "blowing the whistle" on the law enforcement in that town!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I believe in "the good, the bad and the ugly" in everything. Same goes for law enforcement. There are good cops and there are bad and ugly cops. Yes, we do NEED law enforcement, especially in today's world, but what is happening in Tenaha, TX is just mind blowing to say the least. How can law enforecment get away with terroristic tactics like that?

I'm glad that newspapers all over the nation are "blowing the whistle" on the law enforcement in that town!
Who's gonna stop them? Me? You? Your govt wont. They hold the gun with a backup tucked into their sock restraint. Just try and badmouth them and you will be swallowing a whole lot of lead

Kinda like the Fox guarding the Hen cage among the good ol boys.

And I do not agree with you that some are good. What I do believe is some cops, like politicians go in with good intentions, to help, to serve. But the temptation to go sour is so great. There is so much dirty money and it's enough to go round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas