Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,236 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I just noticed the OP was almost 3 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Cumberland County I got sort of a quote in 08. Septic with drain filed.. $3,000 and up. Depends on the under surface, plateau being mostly rock. And well.. again Site Preparation permits starts at $600.. most wells average 300 feet or more.. again Cumberland County being mostly rock.. could go as high as 6-8 grand.
Then a certified electrician and what kinda of pump used... could add another 1500-3000..
Just a quick quote from a very nice individual I meet in the parking lot at Lowes.. that had a well drilling logo on the door panel of his truck..

Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 7,366 times
For $50,000 dollars, Id dig my well by hand. Lol For $50,000 you could probably pay the city to run water down your road even if you had no water on that road. Lol jk. But seriously, it depends on area and yes that kind of money is WAY TO HIGH for Tennessee. If someone tries to charge you that, get a second estimate. Colorado is on a large rock with water sharing because everyones water comes out of the same underground water supply. If you use to much water out of your well, you are fined and they bill you to add water back to the system, so your neighbors dont run low. Wells are HIGH out there and START at $20,000 bcuz of being on that big rock. So to say $50,000 in Tennessee is unreal. The person in McMinn Co is alot closer to actual cost in TN. Around Hancock Co, well drilling has been done for $2,500. to 150-200'. Septic is about the same, at under $3,000. I know a lot of ppl that have bought land in east Tennessee and it does really depend on area AND the company you go with. Always check around and get estimates. Sometimes the driller in the next county over will charge less for the base price and per additional foot than those in your county. I also know McMinn has had cheaper wells and septics than the person mentioned, but it does depend alot on the location in McMinn county and how hard it is for them to get into where you want the well/septic and what they have to drill through, dirt vs rock beds, and how deep they have to go to actually get to a good usable water supply. A driller can give you a basic estimate and then tell you how much per foot after the initial estimate for feet is reached. Say they will drill 50-100' for X amount of dollars, but then tell you it will be X amount more per foot after that initial footage is reached. In east Tennessee you are looking at a minimum of $2,500. but if your water is easily attainable I dont see it going over $5,000. If the water is harder to get, $10-$15,000 should be your top out in most* areas. Also consider, for the septic, it can be much cheaper. If you know someone willing to run the equipment to dig your hole and ditches for your lines, a septic tank can be purchased for $850-$1,500 depending on the amount of gallons it holds. Again, check around. I called a concrete company about a year ago that provided tanks around Athens Tn (McMinn) and they had a 1,000 gallon tank for $850 and that INCLUDED bringing it to location and dropping it in your hole. My husband rented the equipment to dig the hole for $300 for the weekend and we dug the hole and line ditches ourselves. So for $1,150. we dug the hole, and dropped the tank. Now lines are generally $2-$6 a foot, again depends if you do it yourself or ask around for pricing, but my mom went with gravelless pipe and they bought it at lowes. Saved a lot. There is usually an amount of line feet per bedroom of the home, and is generally 110' of line per bed or 330' per three bedroom home is the average. This changes a little depending on gravel lines/gravelless, the type of ground dirt soil, clay, etc. The best thing you can do is call about ten drilling companies in and around your area. Tell them you are checking around for estimates. Write down any questions you have prior to your calls and when they answer write down what each ones says and compare. Sometimes the answers to some of those questions might influence you more than the bottom line price. I hope this helped you and gave you a good idea of where to start. In Tennessee, $20,000-$50,000 is just robbery. For $50,000 id start my own business drilling and just rent the equipment. Wouldn't take long to start lining my pockets, bcuz that really is WAY to high for Tennessee.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:16 AM

666 posts, read 761,870 times
From my research it's probably well below 10k in middle Tennessee. The good thing about middle Tennessee is there are spring fed ponds and streams almost everywhere you look. Another good thing is not much fracking so far in Tennessee that can end up contaminating wells. Water quality is becoming a big issue these days so no matter where you get your water you might think about making sure its good quality water. A simple filtration system can make a big difference.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,634 times
Default Referrals for Wells in Hancock County

Justmy2cents4u - Saw your post and wondered if anyone could suggest a few folks/companies that do wells for Hancock County. I've been living in a river cabin in Kyles Ford and having trouble with the water for about a year. I'm new to the area and could really use some suggestions. I've called a few places and they say it's too far to come out. Let me know. I would really appreciate the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee