Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 AM

3 posts, read 6,196 times

Advertisements

i am looking to move to Tn but i need a place where...

there are jobs (some or a lot)
not too close to my neighbor
and i can buy a house under $100k
good schools
semi close to shopping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Look at White County... Sparta

Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM

Thank you for you'r responce , i was looking at Byrdstown, but as i hear there are no jobs and not near any shopping..

Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM

375 posts, read 1,096,539 times
Jobs are tight in the entire area right now, don't move without a solid offer. Current unemployment rate in White County is 13.7%.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
What kind of jobs?
Please define "shopping", do you want a grocery store and a hardware store or do you need a Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Pet Smart, Sam's club, a mall?
Are you looking for a 2 bed room 1 bath or a 3/2 with a garage for under 100k?
All of these and a little more info may help us give you better answers.
I could say Sullivan County, but you would need a chemical engineering degree for the job or be happy with working in fast food. Be happy with a 2 bed room, 1300 sq ft house with no garage or cellar for under the 100K or one that needs a lot of work.
Just trying to help.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

i am moving down there to get away from high tax's here in CT, when i leave this state, my car will be paid for and when i buy a house down there the house will be paid for, The shopping i want is a Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Pet Smart, Sam's club, a mall and for work i am just looking for somthing part time to pay the bills for now till things get better then i will go full time.house i want is a 3br 1 bath 1-2 acre's and a barn nothing fancy. so i will have
no mortgage
no car payments
no credit card debt

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Then I'd say to stick to the county limits around just about any of the larger cities. Knox county, outside of Knoxville City limits, Washington or Sullivan County outside of any of the Tri-Cities, Blount County outside of Maryville. Just about any of those I would say you could get an older 3/1 with about an acer...barn.....maybe.
This way you could get the afford-ability of the house, only county taxes and commute a bit into the city areas for work.
Your next question then I guess is what else do you want in a new home town? What are your hobbies? Any clubs or groups? Do you prefer a huge library in easy distance?
Golf? Hike? Fish? Any thing like that?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
With your budget limitations I would say avoid Nashville and Memphis. A house for that price will most likely place you far outside the city. You might find a house in a burb of a burb (a small town to the east of Murfreesboro, for example).

I agree please have a job lined up before you move. You seem not to be worried about it, but it's really important. Jobs aren't plentiful here anyway, and right now the market is VERY VERY tight.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 AM

98 posts, read 390,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutrac View Post
i am moving down there to get away from high tax's here in CT, when i leave this state, my car will be paid for and when i buy a house down there the house will be paid for, The shopping i want is a Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Pet Smart, Sam's club, a mall and for work i am just looking for somthing part time to pay the bills for now till things get better then i will go full time.house i want is a 3br 1 bath 1-2 acre's and a barn nothing fancy. so i will have
no mortgage
no car payments
no credit card debt
Cannon County - Woodbury, TN keeps popping up. Why? Because of what you want: Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Pet-Smart, Sam's club, a mall and work - They are all in Murfreesboro, just a few minutes drive from Cannon County.
In Cannon you are rural, must love horse's and I just saw posted a 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1848 s.f. home on 1 acre for 74,900.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee