Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM

11 posts, read 49,596 times

Advertisements

MyFox Detroit | Appeals Court Ends Adoption Battle (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=8162388 - broken link)

Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Sidebar Video (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=8162380&version=1&loca le=EN-US - broken link)

Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,259,606 times
Knoxville is not far from the mountains and is a large metro area... I would choose Knoxville. No mountains in Nashville.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
I can see why a hair stylist would like Nashville better. The traffic in both cities is bad, but we drive miles out of our way to avoid Knoxville. I have a niece that lives there, but if I were choosing between the two, I would choose Nashville. There is just so much to do there and we visited a timeshare more than once there and the people were just the friendliest I have ever met in our whole timeshare system.

I didn't understand what your occupation is, so that could be a deciding factor, but my gut feeling would be Nashville. Nashville gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Knoxville makes me feel tense. Every time I have traveled through it, I felt that my life had been threatened by irresponsible drivers.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,237,003 times
Split the difference, move to Chattanooga.

Which is not really as stupid a suggestion as it might at first sound.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 AM

85 posts, read 285,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Split the difference, move to Chattanooga.

Which is not really as stupid a suggestion as it might at first sound.
I agree! Chattanooga has a lot to offer, is about 40 miles closer to Nashville so the friend can be closer; has beautiful mountains; beautiful riverfront downtown; a lot going on downtown and plenty of yuppies wanting their hair done! It is also home to Covenant Transportation headquarters and I believe USXpress is there also for your CDL.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM

7,543 posts, read 17,269,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Nashville gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Knoxville makes me feel tense. Every time I have traveled through it, I felt that my life had been threatened by irresponsible drivers.
LOL, weird. It's completely opposite for me! Driving in Nashville always makes me tense. But I think it's just the road layout, as I've driven in many larger cities than Nashville without a hitch (well, except for the huge traffic circles in Buffalo.... UGH).

Old 01-06-2009, 05:29 PM

597 posts, read 2,111,124 times
hiknapster: "Rude?" Well, I never. lol. No offense taken. I'm a native Nashvillian, and love this city with all my heart and soul, but I'm going with those who've recommended Knoxville. 313, it really seems you guys need a break and the areas around the Knox are nothing short of serene. The beauty of the eastern areas of this state is nothing short of spectacular. You can find your soul in the mountains and when you do, it'll smile.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Nashville's doors will always be open for you to come for a visit. It's an easy day trip away from Knoxville.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,356,010 times
I vote for Knoxville as I live here and love this city. Besides the mountains have a magic to them, they'll help you heal.
Pam

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Thanks ingledave, I think your post might just do it for her. We need piece. That's it. We have had our lives investigated, drug through coals, and then walked all over. We feel that Wayne county (Detroit) courts violated us and our family. There has been NO serenity here, and in many ways the negative end of the media bashes us. Most the time we can't even be let alone. I don't think they'll ever leave us alone and just be a growing family. It gets me upset everytime I think about it all. In these five years besides the custody battle, my dad died at 55, I have been nearly killed twice on my softail on detroit streets, and then the media. Some are for us, and those against us are just mean and rude. I know when I go back home to the farm in Ohio, which is in Marietta and the Ohio Valley, it's like a drug. No matter how terrible life is at home - for a short period of time it's gone. The peacefulness just makes you forget your problems. I know the problems are still there but it's somehow lighter. I want to live somewhere like that. With friendly, accepting, non judgemental people. Somewhere with a deep faith in God, and where the cup is half full. Somewhere that our kids are left alone. Can you believe a reporter tried to catch my six year old son and my seven year old daughter coming out of there school, going to the bus, to "ask them some questions"? There are just some lines you don't cross. Luckily a very protective school principle caught him and threw him off school grounds. We need away from all of this.

Bless all your hearts, from the bottom of ours for all of your posts. You all seem like very nice people, and very friendly. I can't wait, three more weeks, and we're Tennesseeans. We're already rooting for the Titans Look what we have had here 0-16 !?!?!?! What a joke.

I check this every day, so does anyone else have an opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee