Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,115,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
We could always invite them to church. The coyote, fire ant, sales tax, meth, I-40 traffic, brown recluse spider, air pollution, icy mountain road, snake, earthquake, tornado, gang and nuke stories don't seem to be working. But getting an invite to church seems to strike fear in their hearts.

...and if that doesn't work there is always lining up the trailers along the southern Tennessee border.
I love it! Hard to believe that with all that talk, Tennessee is still a better place (for many of us) than Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,423,357 times
It may be better for us but I wonder if it is truly better for a lot of them moving here. Sure, there are people here, like you and me, that finally ended up where we really wanted to be.

But I just don't know about some folks. When I lived in Florida I saw a lot of really angry people. I just chalked it up to living in Florida. I wasn't in a great mood there, either.

But a lot of the people that moved here from there are still really mad; I mean seething through their teeth mad, and the nicer you are to them the nastier they get. I think when you are nice to them they think you are sarcastic. I guess they're not use to people being nice.

Maybe they'll calm down after a while. I think it took me a year to really relax, after living in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee