Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 03:28 PM

35,127 posts, read 31,403,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperG1rl View Post
I have been so busy with ton of overtime. Now catching up. My husband and I did research on that. We are thinking maybe a bit more west. Between Knoxville and Nashville. Like Cumberland county? We do want to be surrounded by mountains. It is pretty much everywhere unless its further out.

I am currently making 17 an hour now. I was making a lot more until I left that job a year ago. I had enough. I do not need to be rich but I do not need to be scrapping to the penny either.
Knoxville makes more sense than upper east TN for most people for a wide variety of reasons. The job market and pay is much better. Knoxville has a good airport. It's at the intersection of two major east-west interstates - it's relatively easy access to Nashville, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Asheville. UT Medical Center is much better regarded than the healthcare options in upper east TN.

If you're wanting rural, you can be outside of Knoxville at around the same price point as upper east TN, without the drawbacks of the geographic isolation.

$17/hr is doable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2023, 10:39 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times
If you're seriously considering Cumberland County, I urge you to take a tour of the Sequatchie valley in April. That will probably clinch the deal for you. Crossville has a different feel from most other places in the south with its relatively high altitude around 2000' and vast range of flora and fauna. Easy access to Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville too.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:29 AM

537 posts, read 450,890 times
Cumberland County and Crossville is on top of a plateau, and it's one of the coldest places in the state in the winter.

It's a great place to live if you're a golfer with a number of planned country club communities that are extremely nice. They're full of GM and Ford Retirees. Otherwise, it's a little socially backwards--if you know what I mean.

Right now, the preferred place to move in that area (and all of Tennessee) would be Cookeville. It has better shopping, Tennessee Tech University for culture and good healthcare. You're 80 miles from Nashville and 80 miles from Knoxville on Interstate 40. It's a region with two fantastic lakes (Center Hill and Dale Hollow) and a bunch of water falls and natural rivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee