Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 11:28 AM

4 posts, read 1,988 times

Advertisements

Tennessee should follow the majority of the US and legalize it.
It would be a huge boost to the economy because of the profit margins... not to mention tax money. It would help schools and the TN infrastructure.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:01 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Tennessee and states like it will eventually go that way, but their political structures keep them behind the curve. It'll take another 10-20 years absent some kind of court rulings or national legislative legalization.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:57 AM

667 posts, read 763,661 times
If the justification for legalizing Marijuana is to create a new market in Tennessee where people would have to pay out the nose for something that grows naturally for free then I hope Tennessee never legalizes it.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:06 PM

? I mean, that argument applies to corn, apples, soybeans...

Creating a legalized market is obviously a much better solution than implicitly condoning state violence and cartel-style drug running. However, Tennesseans should demand that any legalization and creation of a marketplace be equal in the legislation with the freedom to grow and consume an appropriate amount of weed on private property. That's how Alaska does it, and it's the best of all worlds.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:34 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I view it the same as alcohol.

The people who want it will pay the tax anyway. Legalize so much for personal growing and consumption - beyond a point, you’re trying to make a business of it. Tax that.

Old 12-11-2022, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
? I mean, that argument applies to corn, apples, soybeans...

Creating a legalized market is obviously a much better solution than implicitly condoning state violence and cartel-style drug running. However, Tennesseans should demand that any legalization and creation of a marketplace be equal in the legislation with the freedom to grow and consume an appropriate amount of weed on private property. That's how Alaska does it, and it's the best of all worlds.
I can grow corn, apples and soybeans too and I do have a garden.

One of the justifications for legalizing marijuana is it reduces marijuana related crime in the state. Allowing Tennesseans to grow their own marijuana for personal use also does this.

The legal marijuana producers and sellers in states like California are corrupt as hell. They are nothing more than legal cartel-style drug producers and I would not trust the products they sell to be safe and 100% natural marijuana.

The legal marijuana of today is not the same as the marijuana of the 60's and 70's. High potency marijuana can be dangerous and unhealthy.

Marijuana concentrates spike THC levels but don't boost impairment

Last edited by Jumeby; 12-11-2022 at 04:27 AM..

Old 12-11-2022, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I view it the same as alcohol.

The people who want it will pay the tax anyway. Legalize so much for personal growing and consumption - beyond a point, you’re trying to make a business of it. Tax that.
I agree 100% and would add that natural marijuana is safer and healthier than alcohol with less impairment.

Old 12-13-2022, 01:31 AM

You're talking about marijuana concentrates. That isn't weed you grow in a closet.

I'm a daily smoker here in WA... we have plenty of different suppliers to choose from. The legalized market includes a strong state testing component, and all pesticides (if any), etc., are listed on the label, so you can choose to go with a conventional or more organic grower.

Old 12-15-2022, 11:22 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,245,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
I agree 100% and would add that natural marijuana is safer and healthier than alcohol with less impairment.
Only if you ignore lung damage, possibly (probably) including lung cancer, which seems like something that most people wouldn't want to ignore:
https://www.healthline.com/health/lu...m-smoking-weed

Smoking unfiltered MJ (rolled, pipe, or bong) deposits more carcinogens in the lungs on a per-unit basis than filtered tobacco. But people tend to smoke larger quantities of cigarettes, while MJ is usually an occasional thing with nothing indicating it is physically addictive. Intentionally sucking smoke and ash into your lungs where it stays is just a bad idea in general.

But no, smoking the occasional joint won't give you lung cancer, but neither will drinking the occasional beer give you liver damage. But heavy use of either can badly harm the body. Saying that smoking marijuana is "safer" than alcohol is like saying getting shot with a .380APC is safer than getting shot with a 9mm Luger.

Conclusion: Edibles

Old 12-16-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Einnseanair View Post
Only if you ignore lung damage, possibly (probably) including lung cancer, which seems like something that most people wouldn't want to ignore:
https://www.healthline.com/health/lu...m-smoking-weed

Smoking unfiltered MJ (rolled, pipe, or bong) deposits more carcinogens in the lungs on a per-unit basis than filtered tobacco. But people tend to smoke larger quantities of cigarettes, while MJ is usually an occasional thing with nothing indicating it is physically addictive. Intentionally sucking smoke and ash into your lungs where it stays is just a bad idea in general.

But no, smoking the occasional joint won't give you lung cancer, but neither will drinking the occasional beer give you liver damage. But heavy use of either can badly harm the body. Saying that smoking marijuana is "safer" than alcohol is like saying getting shot with a .380APC is safer than getting shot with a 9mm Luger.

Conclusion: Edibles
I have never heard of someone getting lung cancer from smoking regular marijuana.

I thought cigarettes caused lung cancer due to the ~250 chemical additives of which many are carcinogens.

I would never take edibles. Most people have no idea what all is in it. I know of people who have had very bad reactions/experience with edibles and high potency marijuana. I'm thinking these are spiked with harder drugs and at some point could include dangerous drugs like fentanyl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee