Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 11:10 AM
JRR JRR started this thread

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times

Advertisements

I am scheduled for a home energy evaluation with TVA EnergyRight. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done and if so, how helpful you found it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 08:02 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Please let us know how it goes. My place is only 6 years old but heating and cooling costs are high, looking to know where to start working to knock costs down. Probably insulating the basement.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Please let us know how it goes. My place is only 6 years old but heating and cooling costs are high, looking to know where to start working to knock costs down. Probably insulating the basement.
My appointment is scheduled in three weeks, so I'll post how it goes.

For anyone who wants to take a look, here is the website

https://energyright.com/

Old 03-16-2022, 01:52 PM

Had my energy evaluation yesterday. It was pretty thorough; the rep was here over an hour. Even went under the house in the crawlspace to check the ductwork. My house actually scored pretty well; an 8 out of 10.

Areas to improve were replacing the 19 year old HVAC system (which I am going to do next month); sealing some gaps where water pipes come into the house and some small leaks in the duct system (both of which can be done when the new system is installed).

All in all, the rep was really nice and the report was informative. I am glad that I had this done

Old 03-21-2022, 07:51 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Had my energy evaluation yesterday. It was pretty thorough; the rep was here over an hour. Even went under the house in the crawlspace to check the ductwork. My house actually scored pretty well; an 8 out of 10.

Areas to improve were replacing the 19 year old HVAC system (which I am going to do next month); sealing some gaps where water pipes come into the house and some small leaks in the duct system (both of which can be done when the new system is installed).

All in all, the rep was really nice and the report was informative. I am glad that I had this done
Thanks for the feedback and info on the program. I'm going to reach out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee