Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 03:46 PM

9,699 posts, read 9,446,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberishballr View Post
Hey All!

Looking at various states and Tennessee is one on the list. We love the southern feel and have friends in Nashville areas that really enjoy the state as a whole!

Some info that might help:
  • We're a Conservative family with 3 kids. People who love Jesus are my people and anything around religion is a plus not a minus to me. I'm also okay with being around all people, liberal, moderate, anyone!
  • Like a smaller city feel. Boise ID had a good feel when we visited there, but smaller would be fine too. Nice to have some amenities such as decently fast internet, parks and restaurants to eat at, Costco, maybe some kid attractions like a water park. We're not party people so night life is not a big deal for us. I do live in a college town and I've always enjoyed that atmosphere as well (not a deal-breaker though). Will need an airport within an hour to visit family. Okay to drive an hour or more to see a concert or event if we need to. Would like to be near a hospital too.
  • I work remotely in project/product/program and portfolio mgmt. I can work in technical or non-technical fields. It'd be nice to be near some jobs in case I ever want to work locally
  • We do NOT like heavy traffic! We'd prefer a place that is walk-able/bike-able but mostly want to avoid congestion
  • We love the outdoors! Biking, climbing, hiking, swimming, lakes, ATVs, you name it!
  • We want to be somewhere community and family oriented where we can make new friends and have a strong sense of community
  • We don't need a mansion and would prefer a little property. An acre would be great! We'd like to stay around the 300k mark or less if that helps but not a deal-breaker.
  • Probably a given but it needs to be safe for my kids

I've done a good amount of searching around best places with this criteria, watched plenty of YouTube videos and done research, but want some opinions from ya'll!

Appreciate it and thanks in advance!
Knoxville sounds like the perfect fit. The area is conservative and religious. The people are nice and outdoor oriented. Knoxville is more affordable than much of Middle Tennessee. It has a solid economy and average airport. Knoxville is the least pretentious of the major cities imo. Asheville and Chattanooga make nice weekend trips as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee