Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:02 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,501,768 times

Advertisements

Anybody know how long Publix has been in TN, don't ever remember seeing one here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM

408 posts, read 1,981,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Anybody know how long Publix has been in TN, don't ever remember seeing one here.
I don't recall exactly, but I'm sure within the last 5 years. They bought out some stores owned by a chain, I think it was Albertson's. Maybe it was just that Albertson's wanted out of the TN market. I know there used to be a store in Murfreesboro that was in the chain (I think it was called FoodMax), but it just closed. It's now a gym. I believe that the Publix is new to Smyrna and the one on Murfreesboro Road in Nashville near the K-mart closed. Mostly, I remember hearing about them from commercials on the radio.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:29 AM

225 posts, read 1,145,624 times
Hi hgcgold,

They are building two new Publix stores in Murfreesboro. I don't know what your price range would be for a home or rent, but the cost of housing in Murfreesboro is going to be much lower. There is also a new Publix in Brentwood but is it right at the Davidson County line. Housing in Brentwood/Davidson County (which is really Nashville) is also much cheaper than Brentwood Williamson County ~ mainly because of schools which are not an issue for you since you are a very young senior!

Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 AM

14 posts, read 51,219 times
I am glad to hear about 2 new Publix stores going into Murfreesboro. We live in Wartrace and drive to the Publix in Smyrna. Nothing like real food!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 10:53 AM

225 posts, read 1,145,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakbrooke Farm View Post
I am glad to hear about 2 new Publix stores going into Murfreesboro. We live in Wartrace and drive to the Publix in Smyrna. Nothing like real food!!!

Wartrace is a beautiful area! The new Publix will be much closer for you. The first store is suppose to be located right off I24 and Hwy 96 around the Saint Andrews/Cason Lane area.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,886,696 times
Thumbs down Food tax 9 %?

H ; You got good info so far, but Tenn negative is the 9 % tax on grocery store food, Florida was zero %, unless beer, etc. Super Wal Mart is constructing in almost every county, but BI LO is the other clean, quiet game in town here Hamilton coounty, Chattannooga area. Been visiting in LAKELAND start of Publix, and 12 years of Brevard co, I know they PUBLIX held out against a plastic rewards card, but BI-LO gives 5% off with reward card and Wednesday is another 5 % for boomers 60 yrs. Same clean, QUIET, helpful personal service. Again if you have big appetitie TENN has 9 % sales tax on all food items, milk, etc !!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:25 PM

20 posts, read 158,460 times
Default Great information--Thanks

for responding...Your right no taxes here in Fl. on food unless it is prepared food from deli.. I think sodas are taxed..
I just fell in love with Tennessee. I drove up to Southern Illinois from Fl. When we approached the mountains I was just so stunned of the beauty of it all. The area I live in now is very lovely...Central N. W. Florida. The weather right now will bring all the snowbirds to paridise...the winters here are remarkable.I get rather sick of all the sunshine and humidity, but too cold is not good either.Over the yrs of living in Florida, I have grown to appreciate cloudy days. I moved here 42yrs fron the N.E. I was a young lady.Oh, where did the time go? I suppose I may be feeling restless in my golden years. Wanting to spread my wings.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 AM

29 posts, read 154,782 times
I moved to Florida with my parents when I was 15 in 1988 from Michigan. I drove back and forth for many years and loved driving through Tennessee and Kentucky (my favorite part of the trip). It was not until January of this year that we diverted our route and was in awe. The drive from Knoxville to Asheville, I would have paid someone else to drive our truck through the mountains just so I could stare off into the mountains. I caught myself several times slowing way down and catching an eyefull. I think it was then that we started to think about what it would be like to live in an area of such beauty. It has taken us 9 months and I think we are ready. (No help from ya'll that are taking these wonderful pictures!) We can't wait.........

Old 09-30-2006, 10:02 PM

3 posts, read 10,137 times
Default Publix in Smyrna

Smyrna, TN has a Publix and is a rapidly growing community. As for Villa's, well, not so sure about that one...but they are building all the time and everywhere there is land. I lived there for close to 30 yrs or more. Here is a website for you to check out...http://www.townofsmyrna.org/ (broken link).

Happy Hunting...
PJ

Old 09-30-2006, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 10,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
Wartrace is a beautiful area! The new Publix will be much closer for you. The first store is suppose to be located right off I24 and Hwy 96 around the Saint Andrews/Cason Lane area.
We are looking for 2-5 acres in Bell Buckle TN ...love it here in the city but still longing for a quiet living..nice to hear that we are getting two Publix stores now that we might move...Smyrna did the same thing... oh well

PJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee