Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

361 posts, read 862,954 times

Advertisements

Just curious if cities like Nashville, Chattanooga or Knoxville offer much outdoor dining/adult beverages, in the "downtown" area. I remember seeing a couple restaurants around the tourist areas which had outdoor dining and drinks but i have not been to the downtown areas of most TN cities to know if this is an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,341,188 times
"Yes" to Knoxville.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,252,751 times
Yes to Chattanooga. Outdoor drinking has to be in a "coral" (sort of a low fence) because drinking has to stay on the premises, but outdoor dining is available at many places.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 PM

361 posts, read 862,954 times
Thanks for the replies. Knoxville is a area we want to do more visiting at and are giving serious thought to relocation to the area in 1 - 2 years if all goes well. The outdoor dining is not real common where we live but is slowly happening. We just stopped at one of the places and found it very relaxing and it made the downtown more appealing for some reason.

My cousin lives close to Chattanooga so I thought he would have an idea however I think he is seldom in downtown Chattanooga and is out of country until September.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,610,525 times
When you visit Knoxville be sure to find Market square. It is ground zero for patio dining. Again, we have the "corrals" maybe it's a state law. You'll also find places on Gay street and in the old city.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM

352 posts, read 884,366 times
Closer to the damn area you will find quite a few bar/grills/restaurants that are all deck dinning. All looking over the River. Also I was excited to find out that AMIGOS took over the restaurant at Lakeshore marina.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,252,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue502 View Post
Closer to the damn area you will find quite a few bar/grills/restaurants that are all deck dinning. All looking over the River. Also I was excited to find out that AMIGOS took over the restaurant at Lakeshore marina.
I rarely ever comment on things like grammatical or spelling errors (it's pointless, detracts from the flow of the thread, and is usually evidence that someone is losing the argument and can't find anything else to criticize ). However, I feel the need to point out that the word in this case should be "dam".

Back on topic (sort-of), was Amigos damaged in the recent tornado? If it wasn't it was a very near miss.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,055,576 times
Well you left out Memphis, not surprisingly. Midtown and Downtown have MANY great outdoor restaurants and bars. Both areas have plenty that are not touristy. Midtown alone is bigger than both the Chattanooga and the Knoxville downtowns. And that's not a bad thing. Pretty decent article, mentions very few restaraunts, but you'll get the idea.

An Indie Music Scene in Midtown Memphis - NYTimes.com

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM

352 posts, read 884,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
I rarely ever comment on things like grammatical or spelling errors (it's pointless, detracts from the flow of the thread, and is usually evidence that someone is losing the argument and can't find anything else to criticize ). However, I feel the need to point out that the word in this case should be "dam".

Back on topic (sort-of), was Amigos damaged in the recent tornado? If it wasn't it was a very near miss.

HAHA, of all things I do try, is to spell correctly. Usually I have about a ton of things going on when I log into this forum, so sometimes I might not get it just right. PS, I agree with you on the grammar,etc. Thanks for finding my damn dam, LOL

I think Amigos is where most of the people hid from the storm and it was OK, no damage. Just curious though how hard it will be to get in there since only one way in and out and the re-building and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee