Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:18 AM

91 posts, read 528,108 times

Advertisements

Is this area walkable?Safe?A nice area to live.
Are there stores close by?
Thanks for any Info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
I would not call that area walkable by any stretch of the imagination. Is it a nice place to live? Depends on what you want. It's fairly safe, as is most of Seminole. There are stores all up and down Seminole Blvd, but none that are really in walking distance from there.

Check out this thread that I commented on regarding Seminole.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ml#post5858447

Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Smile I'm just looking for a quiet,safe area.

Thanks for the info and the link.
I take it Seminole has public transportation?
Thanks.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiest50 View Post
Thanks for the info and the link.
I take it Seminole has public transportation?
Thanks.
Public transportation? HA!

You have the bus and that's it, unfortunately. The bus system is subpar at best too.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Public transportation? HA!

You have the bus and that's it, unfortunately. The bus system is subpar at best too.
Thanks Bosco that's good to know.I guess I just assumed Florida had a descent public transportation system.
Whoops....

Old 04-03-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiest50 View Post
Thanks Bosco that's good to know.I guess I just assumed Florida had a descent public transportation system.
Whoops....
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we just don't have that here. It might be better down in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area but I haven't spent enough time down there to comment for sure. Tampa has a steetcar system, but I believe that only travels around the downtown/Ybor City/Channelside districts.

The problem with Pinellas County is that it's too sprawled out. You have St. Petersburg, and then a bunch of little suburban type cities, and we all know that public transportation just doesn't work out in the suburbs.

Beyond that though, I wouldn't advise against moving to Seminole. I'm younger, so I want more nightlife and activities than Seminole can offer, but it's still a nice place to live if you can do without that.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 AM

156 posts, read 493,301 times
Debbie,

The area you referenced is walkable, safe, and convenient to many stores. Seminole is a desirable place to live. As most desirable places to live, it is a bit more expensive than its surrounding cities. If you are a club/bar hopper, it is probably not for you. If you are looking for a family oriented place, you will be happy.

The public busing system, PSTA, is safe, cheap, and reliable. It will take you just about anywhere you want to go in Pinellas County. Every bus is equipped with a live security camera. My 15 year old rides the PSTA bus five days a week. His route takes him right up Seminole Blvd to Clearwater. I am confident that he is reasonably safe.

I hope this helped.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:14 PM

Talking I like your opinion of that area better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_fl_vol View Post
Debbie,

The area you referenced is walkable, safe, and convenient to many stores. Seminole is a desirable place to live. As most desirable places to live, it is a bit more expensive than its surrounding cities. If you are a club/bar hopper, it is probably not for you. If you are looking for a family oriented place, you will be happy.

The public busing system, PSTA, is safe, cheap, and reliable. It will take you just about anywhere you want to go in Pinellas County. Every bus is equipped with a live security camera. My 15 year old rides the PSTA bus five days a week. His route takes him right up Seminole Blvd to Clearwater. I am confident that he is reasonably safe.

I hope this helped.
Thank you for your reply.It's hard to tell what kind of area it is with two such differing opinions but I'll just put the two together and say it should be a decent place to live.
I'm not a club/bar hopper so I'll be fine.But I do like to walk.So at least I have the option without worrying about being mugged.But I know that could happen any place you live.
I'm so glad you came on and gave a different outlook about what it's like to live in that area.
I'm so excited!
Thanks.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_fl_vol View Post
What stores in that area are really in walking distance? Sure, it's pretty safe as far as crime goes, but for walk-ability all you have is a sidewalk along a main road where lots of crashes happen. There's really nothing there to protect the pedestrians from any crashes. That is not really a place I'd be a fan of walking in.

Quote:
I would not rely too much on the PSTA. They leave alot to be desired, especially once you are out of "peak" times.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM

180 posts, read 555,881 times
To find out what's near by go to Get Your Walk Score - A Walkability Score For Any Address
Great website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay