Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:37 AM

18 posts, read 2,045 times

Advertisements

I am so jealous of you Central New Yorkers at this time of the year.

Spring is here, the weather is warming up. Head over to Green Lakes. Get a sandwich at Wegmans for lunch. And then take a bike ride through the Syracuse University area for the sights and a top notch college campus and surrounding area or through Butternut trail. I really miss it.

Congrats for making it out of another winter season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:55 AM

93,433 posts, read 124,120,588 times
I'd say that the Fall is the best time of year in the area between school getting back in session, Football games, festivals are still going on, the change of scenery, etc.

Old Today, 10:10 AM

Fall is great, for sure. But, winter is staring at you in a few months. Spring has at least six months of optimism and lots of sunshine.

How long have you lived in Syracuse? Were you born there?

I have lived in Syracuse for about 6 years, on and off, and went to SU in the late 1990s. Originally from the Capital District. Always loved the city, from my first visit in the early 1990s.

Old Today, 11:02 AM

93,433 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces777 View Post
Fall is great, for sure. But, winter is staring at you in a few months. Spring has at least six months of optimism and lots of sunshine.

How long have you lived in Syracuse? Were you born there?

I have lived in Syracuse for about 6 years, on and off, and went to SU in the late 1990s. Originally from the Capital District. Always loved the city, from my first visit in the early 1990s.
True, but Spring here can be very fickle in terms of weather, whereas with Fall, it is more consistent. Plus, our winters have been relatively mild for the past 10 years or so.

Yes, I'm actually from Syracuse and have lived in the city and suburbs, but I haven't been here the whole time and my family roots are actually in the South.

Old Today, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
True, but Spring here can be very fickle in terms of weather, whereas with Fall, it is more consistent. Plus, our winters have been relatively mild for the past 10 years or so.

Yes, I'm actually from Syracuse and have lived in the city and suburbs, but I haven't been here the whole time and my family roots are actually in the South.
That's great.

Seems like you do like it. CNY is a special place, for sure. I moved back a few years ago, and almost bought a home, but hesitated a bit because I wasn't totally sold on it. It took me a few more years of maturity, to realize just how amazing CNY really was. And, when I say "Syracuse", I am also referring to FM, JD, East Syracuse, and one of my favorite spots, Minoa and Chittenango. I really regret not buying when I had the chance. This hesitation was a huge loss, as I feel like I have wasted another 3-5 years on the West Coast, surrounded by nonsense )).

I think I am really to just plant the flag in Syracuse, and within a few years, buy another home there. There are so many great spots to live, but I think living near Green Lakes is the way to go, because I spend most of my time in that area, and love the outdoors. Syracuse University areas would also be a spot that I am interested in. And, I do love Sedgwick and Strathmore, because the location is central and it makes it easier to get to anywhere in the area, within a short time. Although, I am not too happy about the crime rates in these areas. Syracuse is a safe city, I think, but we do have our issues with poverty, and that leads to some odd events that are not so positive from time to time.

I enjoy reading your posts, and thank you for keeping me up to date on all the "happenings" in CNY, on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area