Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 AM

845 posts, read 1,692,817 times

Advertisements

I agree with ch on this - I think Crowne Plaza is probably in the top five for Syracuse hotels in terms of overall quality of experience. it is much larger than some of the other places mentioned. The rooms are not particularly spacious BTU are nicely appointed. The place I forgot about that gets high marks - and has the highest occupancy rates in the area - is the Jefferson-Clinton Hotel in Armory Square.

Downtown Syracuse Hotels | Hotels in Syracuse, NY | Armory Square | The Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,633,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
The Doubletree in that area is a bit dated but there's a Hilton Garden Inn very close that is perhaps five years old and it receives good reviews.
In the past I had read simliar reviews regarding the Doubletree, however I believe the property underwent a multi-million dollar renovation. I ate at their restaurant for dinner last week and thought the hotel was nicely refreshed. The lobby was pretty upscale as was the restaurant which had a nautical theme. The food was adequate. I was staying at another hotel in the Carrier Circle area.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM

715 posts, read 2,517,942 times
I've stayed at both the Crowne Plaza (used to be a Renaissance) and the Parkview; both are top notch.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 AM

1,002 posts, read 2,005,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
In the past I had read simliar reviews regarding the Doubletree, however I believe the property underwent a multi-million dollar renovation. I ate at their restaurant for dinner last week and thought the hotel was nicely refreshed. The lobby was pretty upscale as was the restaurant which had a nautical theme. The food was adequate. I was staying at another hotel in the Carrier Circle area.
I didn't stay in the Doubletree but can confirm that the renovation is complete and that the meeting spaces and rooms look pretty nice. Held a conference there last week - and didn't stay there, obviously, since I live in the area.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM

845 posts, read 1,692,817 times
It was about 8 years ago when i stayed at Doubletree - prior to the renovation. Parkview is by no means upscale but is quite nice, reasonably priced and has a convenient location on the edge of downtown. My cousin and his family stayed there last summer and were pleased.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,633,657 times
Has anyone seen the new lighting outside the Crowne Plaza? Beams of light (I'm assuming the equipment was installed at the base of the hotel or just above the lobby) illuminate a brilliant white light that makes the entire hotel and parking garage visible from numerous vantage points, especially along local interstates near downtown. Not only is this attractive from a safety perspective (the hotel parking garage is not directly attached to the hotel) it also enhances the vibrancy of the surrounding area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area