Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 05:35 PM

12,574 posts, read 9,665,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
p.s. Apologies. I just reread the thread and realized that I only mentioned emissions as a reason in this thread. In another thread I listed all the other, more important reasons for choosing the Crosstrek. It fits drivers who are very short (me) or very tall (my husband). It is narrow enough to fit in our single garage and short enough to park easily on city streets. Because it’s lifted, it’s easier for an elderly person with mobility problems (my husband) to get in and out of. We weren’t specifically looking for a hybrid (my first choice was the Forester, but my husband thought it was “too big”). That it produces fewer emissions than a standard vehicle was a feature I appreciate, but it was far from the only reason or even the main reason for buying a hybrid.
The hybrid Crosstrek is supposed to be about 1 second quicker accelerating 0-60mph than the standard gas model. It does costs a good bit more, but the cost increase is offset by a $4,500 federal tax credit plus whatever the buyer's state credits may come to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 PM

21,577 posts, read 8,751,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
The hybrid Crosstrek is supposed to be about 1 second quicker accelerating 0-60mph than the standard gas model. It does costs a good bit more, but the cost increase is offset by a $4,500 federal tax credit plus whatever the buyer's state credits may come to.
Interesting! I didn't know this. The Crosstrek doesn't have quick acceleration or sports car handling, but it's fine for everyday driving. As for the tax credit, I don't know whether our car was eligible for that as it not a PZEV (partial zero emissions) vehicle like some other Subaru models.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Interesting! I didn't know this. The Crosstrek doesn't have quick acceleration or sports car handling, but it's fine for everyday driving. As for the tax credit, I don't know whether our car was eligible for that as it not a PZEV (partial zero emissions) vehicle like some other Subaru models.
Plug-In hybrids are generally eligible for some green incentives. Check the Federal incentives here - $4,502 Federal Tax Credits for the 2019-2020 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid. If you bought one, you should be sure to claim your tax credits!
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Old 02-19-2020, 09:22 PM

21,577 posts, read 8,751,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Plug-In hybrids are generally eligible for some green incentives. Check the Federal incentives here - $4,502 Federal Tax Credits for the 2019-2020 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid. If you bought one, you should be sure to claim your tax credits!
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
It's a 2016 (not 2019-2020), and it's not a plug-in, so I don't think we get a tax credit. That would have been nice, though.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
It's a 2016 (not 2019-2020), and it's not a plug-in, so I don't think we get a tax credit. That would have been nice, though.
Ooops, sorry, didn't notice how many different Crosstrek hybrid owners were posting! "Love PVGV dogs" said he has a 2020, which is a plug-in hybrid, so he can get that cash.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 993 times
Default Crosstrek Battery issues

I have a 2019 Crosstrek Hybrid and have had the same issues. Twice the battery has died when it was in the garage and had not been driven for a few days. Each time a simple jump start worked to get started. It seems that the battery can be discharged by the on board electronics if the car is not driven for a while. Due to the pandemic we may only drive 2-3 days a week and then mostly on full EV. I'm not sure if that charges the engine battery or not. I have taken it to the dealer after the first failure thinking that the battery was faulty. Both the battery and the charging system check out OK. The next time it died in the garage, thetech from Subaru Roadside Assistance said they had seen this same problem as well. Other Subaru forums report the same problem with Crosstrek and Outback models

I just spoke with Subaru Customer Support and explained the problem, my theory that it is there is a small but constant drain on the battery that pulls it down too far. They set up a case for me and said they would follow up on it when I have and appointment to leave it at the dealer for testing. We'll see what happens. I did get a small rechargeable jump start battery pack to keep in the car nonetheless.

Old 12-27-2022, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 629 times
I have a 2020 Crosstrek Hybrid and I just had the starter battery replaced for the 2nd time in two years. Still under warranty. It was recommended to me by a Subaru service person that I purchase a trickle down charger to keep it charged. Is this truly a good option? Is there a better battery to use? It seems there was a law suit some years ago regarding the battery, that included several different Subaru vehicles, but for some reason not the Crosstrek or the Crosstrek Hybrid. I don't drive it everyday but it seems crazy to need to replace the starter battery ever year. Anyone out there with any ideas or additional information? Otherwise, I love the car.....but the battery issue is annoying at the very least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru