Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 04:54 AM

1,215 posts, read 504,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
Kentucky ouch. SEC ouch. Calipari has a lifetime contract at nine mil a year and UK fans aren’t too happy about it at this point. Zero trips to the sweet 16 since 2019. Losses in two of the last three tournaments to a 15 and a 14 seed.
The Blue Necks are going to be very hungover and upset today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 06:33 AM

77 posts, read 24,183 times
What’s crazy is that Saturday, between 24 games with the women’s and men’s tournament, every higher seeded team won, sans 5 seed Gonzaga (who was favored anyways) over 4 seeded Kansas. Terrific game last night between Creighton and Oregon. The Blue Jays looked dead in the water the last few minutes of regulation. Oregon had no resemblance to an 11 seed. I don’t know what can be done to fix the seedlings. Oregon didn’t earn anything they didn’t receive, but it is kind of a hose job for the opponents in the early rounds to draw Oregon. Nevertheless, Creighton survives.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:49 PM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
What’s crazy is that Saturday, between 24 games with the women’s and men’s tournament, every higher seeded team won, sans 5 seed Gonzaga (who was favored anyways) over 4 seeded Kansas. Terrific game last night between Creighton and Oregon. The Blue Jays looked dead in the water the last few minutes of regulation. Oregon had no resemblance to an 11 seed. I don’t know what can be done to fix the seedlings. Oregon didn’t earn anything they didn’t receive, but it is kind of a hose job for the opponents in the early rounds to draw Oregon. Nevertheless, Creighton survives.
I agree the seed process has sucked and it's clearly stacked toward the hyped-household name teams to fill the Sweet Sixteen and keep those TV ratings up.

Old 03-24-2024, 11:26 PM

This is only the fifth time since the field expanded to 64 teams, that all the one and two seeds advanced to the Sweet 16.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:18 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I predict that by the end of the 3rd round, the SEC will not have a representative school left in the tourney.
SO Two Teams from the SEC are left I am of course pulling for North Carolina to beat Ol' Bammy and Micheal Creighton to beat Tenny-see so that my prediction can be fulfilled !

Anything else you need ?

Old 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
This is only the fifth time since the field expanded to 64 teams, that all the one and two seeds advanced to the Sweet 16.
I am sure the selection committee is being rewarded handsomely...

Old 03-27-2024, 01:47 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I am sure the selection committee is being rewarded handsomely...
Good thing for me too. Along with picking NC State for the first 2 rounds, my "Elite Eight" in my bracket are still intact.

I've done a lot of stumbling in my games that didn't feature these 8 teams though. However, the future is so bright, I've got to wear shades.

Old 03-29-2024, 01:53 AM

The west bracket took a while to get busted, but alas it has happened. Many of us saw this as the weakest region, namely UNC a weak one and Arizona as a vulnerable high seed, as they prove to be sist annually. So we end up with another Clemson-Bama showdown- oh wait- except it’s not pigskin, lol. One reaches its first Final 4.
And the UCOnn domination continues. A seven point half time that should have been closer to 20. Yet they still win by 30.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:13 AM

1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
9 straight double digit wins in the tourney for UConn.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:13 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times
Quote:
The west bracket took a while to get busted, but alas it has happened. Many of us saw this as the weakest region, namely UNC a weak one and Arizona as a vulnerable high seed, as they prove to be sist annually. So we end up with another Clemson-Bama showdown- oh wait- except it’s not pigskin, lol. One reaches its first Final 4.
And the UCOnn domination continues. A seven point half time that should have been closer to 20. Yet they still win by 30.
I doubt that anyone saw Clemson going this far other than Clemson fans. That's a TEAM playing well together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports