Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:56 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
BCCI is very powerful inside ICC. Possibly the late start of India matches will give players adequate rest after IPL.
I'm not reading the rest of your post yet in case it contains any spoilers (I intend to watch the highlights of today's match when I get home from work)...

Too bad about IPL -- start/end your season earlier if it conflicts with your ability to rest up your players. And what about other squads with players in the IPL? What's more, it seems extraordinarily unfair that South Africa of all teams had to face them after already playing TWO matches, never mind one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 01:44 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,686,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I'm not reading the rest of your post yet in case it contains any spoilers (I intend to watch the highlights of today's match when I get home from work)...

Too bad about IPL -- start/end your season earlier if it conflicts with your ability to rest up your players. And what about other squads with players in the IPL? What's more, it seems extraordinarily unfair that South Africa of all teams had to face them after already playing TWO matches, never mind one.
Yes Indian Money is about 80 - 90 % of ICC revenue.
Chinese company Oppo which sells smartphones in India is everywhere at the stadiums. You hardly see Opo in England. Same with MRF Tires. It is all for Indian TV audience.

They are the boss.

Ticket prices for India matches is double or triple then those of England matches.

But I dont think that they are getting any unfair advantage. They are a good team and are expected to win the World Cup.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:48 PM

Terribly upset over the treatment which West Indies Team got today. I think around 5 umpiring decisions against their batsman were overturned by third umpire. Chris Gayle was given out by Umpire call. Great fightback by both Australia and West Indies.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:19 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Yeah, Gayle got jobbed. That no-ball before his dismissal could have been detected from outer space. Valiant effort by Windies, even more so by Australia. Much more even match than I expected it to be.

That Cottrell catch was a fine piece of cricket theater.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:51 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
Quote:
They are a good team and are expected to win the World Cup.
England continue to be favourites with bookmakers around the world.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:27 PM

Performance of Australia was disappointing today.
I am not sure whether Finch is the right person to be Captain of the side.
I saw very little communication from his side to Bowlers. Almost every over they bowled started with Indian Batsman scoring 4 or 6 due to poor bowling.
I think that atleast 4 catches were dropped by Australia team. 2 of them by wicket-keeper This is unheard of by Australian standards.
Now coming to Team selection, why to select Usman Khwaja when he clearly struggles against Spin ? Maxwell should have come instead of Usman. By the time Maxwell came to the crease, asking Rate was beyond reach.

Only way you can stop Indian juggernaut is by short-pitch bowling, Bouncers or catch in Slips.
You cant expect to stop them by spinners, not in these conditions.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:08 AM

Australian bowling was terrible. Just plain dumb a lot of the time. We were lucky to not be chasing a lot more!

Much of the bowling can be fixed quickly, just better decision making and ball selection will go a long way.

I'm not sure your prescription for short pitch bowling is the answer to beat the Indians. One just need look at the recent series victory by the Australians over the Indians for the blueprint.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Sad to see so many matches being disrupted due to Rainfall.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Australian bowling was terrible. Just plain dumb a lot of the time. We were lucky to not be chasing a lot more!

Much of the bowling can be fixed quickly, just better decision making and ball selection will go a long way.

I'm not sure your prescription for short pitch bowling is the answer to beat the Indians. One just need look at the recent series victory by the Australians over the Indians for the blueprint.
Some Indian Batsman are technically poor in facing Bouncers and on Backfoot.

Not Virat Kohli, he is a superstar but few other like Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan.

Shikhar Dhawan has a hairline fracture now of one thumb while facing a Bouncer from Aussie bowler. He also gave a catch on another shortpitch ball to one Fielder in Gully which Aussie player dropped.

Both Rohit Sharma and Pandya gave one catch to wicketkeeper (which he dropped) while facing Bouncers.

Surprisingly Australian Bowlers did not test Indian enough with Bouncers. Useless Spin was continued or waste balls were given with too much width by fast bowlers.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Some Indian Batsman are technically poor in facing Bouncers and on Backfoot.

Not Virat Kohli, he is a superstar but few other like Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan.

Shikhar Dhawan has a hairline fracture now of one thumb while facing a Bouncer from Aussie bowler. He also gave a catch on another shortpitch ball to one Fielder in Gully which Aussie player dropped.

Both Rohit Sharma and Pandya gave one catch to wicketkeeper (which he dropped) while facing Bouncers.

Surprisingly Australian Bowlers did not test Indian enough with Bouncers. Useless Spin was continued or waste balls were given with too much width by fast bowlers.
I saw plenty of short stuff that was getting dispatched with ease....As you would expect on a slow passive pitch.

The spin was terrible, no control. The medium paces also bowled without control . Wide yorkers are a very effective ball, if you can control them. Stoinis couldn't.

All in all it was a very poor bowling display by the Aussies. Hopefully they won't repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports