Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2024, 09:01 AM

28 posts, read 20,857 times

Advertisements

What's your favorite state park in South Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 01:46 PM

542 posts, read 1,106,236 times
In the Upstate, Table Rock is awesome, as is Caesars Head, and they're right next to each other. I love Keowee and Edisto. And closer to home Dreher Island is nice too. I guess I don't have a favorite.

Old 01-02-2024, 04:17 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,955,432 times
Hunting Island State Park is my number one favorite.

Old 01-03-2024, 04:04 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
We did the Ultimate Outsider challenge and visited all 47 (at the time) State Parks over two years. People ask us that question all the time and it’s very difficult to say because there are so many unique parks.

I love the beach so Edisto was very high on my list. But Devil’s Fork and the crystal clear water of Lake Jocassee was stunningly beautiful especially if you take the road to look down on the gorge.

We learned so much about history at the various historic homes and finding there was a full resort, Hickory Knob, was surprising.

Landsford Canal was beautiful when the Rocky Shoals Spider Lilles were in bloom and watching the dog trials at H. Cooper Black Park in Cheraw was very interesting.

All in all . . . We didn’t have a single favorite but it was an amazing learning experience. We also took that time to explore whatever small city was nearby, finding more history, shopping and nice restaurants.

We were new to SC at the time we did this and really got a crash course in history, geography, topography, agriculture and a lot of fun!

Old 01-04-2024, 08:52 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
Hiking for views - Table Rock
Best waterfall hike - Rainbow Falls at Jones Gap
Best classic CCC state park experience for kids with cabins and small lakes with swimming- Oconee State Park and Table Rock
Several waterfalls near Oconee including issaquenna and Whitewater plus historic Stumphouse Tunnel and Oconee station
Best for boating Devils Fork and Hickory Knob
Golf with Lodge, cabins, restaurant Hickory Knob
Car accessible overlook Caesars Head
History Musgrove Mill

Old 01-05-2024, 07:21 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofaque86 View Post
Hunting Island State Park is my number one favorite.
Shhhhhh!!

Old 01-05-2024, 10:45 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Shhhhhh!!
Lol. It IS beautiful. So unique to drive in and be in a tropical rain forest type environment. Park your car and go over the dune and there’s the ocean!

The view from the lighthouse is amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina