Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 11:57 AM

13,033 posts, read 18,893,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
This topic is about a person looking for a conservative place to live. I understand people on your side support drag queens interacting with kids. No prominent Republican in SC is speaking out against.

I assume the person who started the topic knows SC current goes Republican but is looking for more detail. Many Republicans in blue and purple states are essentially Democrats.
And my post demonstrates that conservatives aren’t the only ones who live here. And did you find that article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 01:24 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 22 days ago)

5,771 posts, read 4,767,418 times
Hi wonder what the per capita chance is of a poster coming along that responds so much like a previous poster?

Old 05-18-2023, 06:34 AM

135 posts, read 167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Hi wonder what the per capita chance is of a poster coming along that responds so much like a previous poster?
Is interesting that this seems to be the same guy 10 years running now. At least he stopped the LoLs

Old 05-18-2023, 07:18 AM

958 posts, read 2,627,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Is interesting that this seems to be the same guy 10 years running now. At least he stopped the LoLs
Comes back, different name (at least five now I believe), tries to hide himself via the nature of his posts, and then invariably outs himself. Not sure how these "permanent bans" work on this site.

Old 05-18-2023, 08:52 PM

815 posts, read 386,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
And my post demonstrates that conservatives aren’t the only ones who live here. And did you find that article?
Sorry for the slow response, traveling out west to national parks.

Understood there are a ton of non-conservatives in SC. Other people tag it as ultra red state, not me.

It is in my best interest to pitch SC as a deep red state to recruit like minded people. But I put a priority on sharing my sincere thoughts

I am being objective by pointing out things in SC that seem more like San Fran.

I don't want to get into debate on the trans stuff.

Please keep in mind I'm not advising conservatives not to move here because of the things I've mentioned. I'm interested in political science and this is the kind of stuff political scientists talk about or should talk about in my view

The Florida gov would be more vocal about the stuff I mentioned than our current leaders. SC is not even close to Florida right now for effective conservatism. If I made a decision to live somewhere based solely on politics, Florida is it. He gets more done in a traditional swing state than conservatives do in SC

For example, SC hasnt sent illegal immigrants to the states and cities that support it. Florida and Texas have yet SC is supposed to be more red.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 05-18-2023 at 09:48 PM..

Old 05-19-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Comes back, different name (at least five now I believe), tries to hide himself via the nature of his posts, and then invariably outs himself. Not sure how these "permanent bans" work on this site.
Adds enjoyment at least. After the inevitable ban you can count on "normal" posts from a brand new name in the Greenville forum that slowly turn into this drivel.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:33 AM

This is a South Carolina forum but there appears to be only one conservative posting on this topic. The rest appear to be Democrats making unfriendly comments and not answering the question that was asked.

The person who started the topic indicated he wanted to get away from this kind lack of civility in Wisconsin.

Old 05-19-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
This is a South Carolina forum but there appears to be only one conservative posting on this topic. The rest appear to be Democrats making unfriendly comments and not answering the question that was asked.

The person who started the topic indicated he wanted to get away from this kind lack of civility in Wisconsin.
Yea I see one troll who's been around for a decade now and one person who can't help but insert their opinion as fact going who has yet to figure out he's arguing with the sixth version of the same guy back and forth. Lighten up Francis.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Yea I see one troll who's been around for a decade now and one person who can't help but insert their opinion as fact going who has yet to figure out he's arguing with the sixth version of the same guy back and forth. Lighten up Francis.
Looks liked you have made 10 or so posts on this forum since 2016, 3 on this topic. None of your posts address the question asked. That looks like trolling.

I don't think pointing out things that did happen in SC is trolling a person who hase rarely posted on the forum. My comments were for the Republican who asked a question about SC, not Democrats. You appear to be a Democrat in your post history so why are you upset if the state is trending to the left? I expect the state to be a blue state within 5 years.

It is strange you are complaining about a person using the common abbreviation lol 10 years ago. That's a long time and it could not be more trivial

I believe all of things I've mentioned on here were reported by one of the state newspapers. These newspapers have a Democrat slant which is another aspect of SC that isn't conservative.
You have not explained how they are conservative but you characterize my comments as drivel.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 05-19-2023 at 10:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina