Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 06:09 AM

43 posts, read 80,346 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are considering moving to Bluffton. We will be empty nesters around 50. We are interested in some of the newer gated communities with amenities, especially Hampton Lakes. Can anyone tell me what the drive/traffic is like to the Hilton Head Island beaches from there? How is the parking at the beach? I assume these both differ between in vs. off season. Are there beach clubs on HHI that we can join so that we have beach access/parking? Which neighborhood did you choose in Bluffton and how do you like it? Do you wish you’d bought on HHI instead? We would appreciate any advice. Also, if you know of any Facebook groups or somewhere else we can look for information/advice, please let me know. Thank you! PS - Why is there not a separate board here for HHI (incl. Bluffton) and does anyone know how to start one?

Last edited by Buffettjd; 07-05-2021 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 06:54 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Hampton Lakes seems like a really nice community. I had lunch there once at the restaurant that is open to the public. I think they have their own little beach, maybe? Really nice pools and amenities.

I'm not aware of any beach clubs on HH. Could be, my husband thinks Sea Pines used to have something like that, but there are several public beaches in addition to the ones owned by resorts and residential developments. We have a beach sticker since we own a house there. You are supposed to get preferred parking if you are a resident, but we aren't there during the summer when you really need it. As of now, you are able to park as a non-resident, assuming you get there early enough to find one. That may change in the future.

New forums/sub-forums are created when there are enough posts about an area or topic. The Administrator decides.

Whoops, I didn't mean to imply that you could swim on the lake in Hampton Lakes. All bodies of fresh water around there have gators!

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-05-2021 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: new info

Old 07-06-2021, 07:47 AM

43 posts, read 80,346 times
Thanks so much for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina