Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 06:08 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The city announced today plans for a 2,739-acre, 55-and-older community on Hwy. 278 that expects to include 3,000 homes, a resort-style pool, tennis and pickleball courts and arts and learning programs.

Mayor Harry Williams believes Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head will be a destination spot for retirees.

“Hardeeville will now become the place for retirees from around the country who want to enjoy the beauty and amenities of the region,” he said in a news release.

The site will be the second Latitude Margaritaville location for Minto Communities and Margaritaville Holdings, which earlier this year broke ground on the first community in Daytona Beach, Fla.
Margaritaville community bringing 3,000 homes to Hardeeville | Jasper County Sun Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:23 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Default Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head, Hardeeville, South Carolina

I am familiar with the Latitude Margaritaville community being announced in Daytona Beach, Florida. It has a proposed retail center that, from what I am reading, could be anchored by a Publix supermarket.

This community will be in Hilton Head Lakes South.

Before building starts or is active, I would install a traffic signal at Independence Boulevard (United States Route 278) and Lakeside Boulevard. I do not know where the South Carolina Department of Transportation stands in this idea.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:31 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Beaufort/Hilton Head is growing at an insane rate!

Old 06-02-2017, 10:15 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,960,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Beaufort/Hilton Head is growing at an insane rate!
Ehhh mostly just Bluffton, the census estimates actually having HHI losing a few people and Beaufort only gained about 100. Bluffton gained almost 2k though.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:24 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Ehhh mostly just Bluffton, the census estimates actually having HHI losing a few people and Beaufort only gained about 100. Bluffton gained almost 2k though.
I meant the 278/170 area as a whole, Bluffton I believe was the fastest growing town in the state, per capita. Ridgeland, Hardeeville, Okatie all growing at big clips. The #s themselves almost don't seem accurate, unless tourism is way up, because the traffic alone gets noticeably worse each year. Finding parking in old town Bluffton or Coligny used to be relatively easy a few years back now it's impossible and the demographic has gotten noticeably younger despite the retirement communities filling up.

I wonder where these people are working because all the jobs in the area are low wage F&B and retail jobs.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:58 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
We used to make the drive from Columbia to HHI back in the '70s when the professional tennis events were first being held at Sea Pines and Shipyard. Two-lane blacktop(sometimes without a center line!) from the Interstate to the Island(along some stretches, not all of course). Bluffton was essentially a "speed trap" back then, really no reason to stop(unless Johnny Law got you!). The drive from HHI to Savannah was a bit of an adventure...miss one turn(was that Bluffton?) and you got lost in a hurry! No GPS back then to guide the way!

I remember when things started to develop "off island" and folks were aghast that those poor people weren't even living ON Hilton Head!!!

Hard to believe it's been 10 years since I've visited!!! Memories of the Stuckey's on the highway and Huddle House on the Island...Wow!!! I need to plan a trip!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina