Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM

28 posts, read 131,377 times

Advertisements

Is Litchfield Beach the same as Pawley's Island ?

Is it very far from Pawley's Island to Myrtle Beach attractions ?

We are thinking about vacationing there this summer. We like Myrtle but don't like the crowds. We have 2 small children.

Also, can anyone tell me about the Litchfield Inn ? Is it on Pawley's Island ? Is it a nice place ?

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,474,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Blessings View Post
Is Litchfield Beach the same as Pawley's Island ?
No. Pawleys Island is just south of Litchfield Beach.

Quote:
Is it very far from Pawley's Island to Myrtle Beach attractions ?
No, not really. I can't remember how far it is off the top of my head - an hour and 1/2, to about 30 minutes? It could really depend, given on the time of year/traffic, and what attractions you're talking about.

Quote:
We are thinking about vacationing there this summer. We like Myrtle but don't like the crowds. We have 2 small children.
I went to Litchfield every summer growing up. I have lots of memories from that place. It is a great family beach. I don't think it has changed much over the past couple of decades, but it has gotten more expensive.

I know less about Pawleys. I think it has more full-time residents. Both places are great, though, in my opinion. Pawleys, Litchfield, Edisto, and Sullivans Island are the best SC beaches, IMO.

Quote:
Also, can anyone tell me about the Litchfield Inn ? Is it on Pawley's Island ? Is it a nice place ?
No, it's on Litchfield. I don't remember much about it, though. Moderator cut: link removed

Last edited by Jammie; 03-03-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: It's a competitor site

Old 03-03-2008, 01:14 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
We stayed at Litchfield Beach 2 summers ago and we are trying to go back this year. You are about 20 miles from Broadway at the Beach and it is a straight shot up 17 (I think). The beach is really nice and its private so you don't have the crowds that Myrtle does. I don't know anything about the Inn. You should be able to wrestle up some reviews online because I know I've seen them. If you need help with that let me know since the mods cut that link up there we are afraid to post anything helpful; unfortunately.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,863 times
Although Litchfield is pretty much a separate area from Pawleys Island, many people still consider it as part of Pawleys. They also share the same zip code & I don't think post office recognizes Litchfield as an address. Pretty much the entire Litchfield area is very nice and the beach is pristine. The homes along the beachside are predominantly vacation homes that are avaialable for weekly rentals. The prices vary from a small 2-3 bedroom house for $2k a week to $6,500 for a 5-6 bedrooms. Pawleys Island "proper" is the similar in that regards and I think Pawleys is more quaint & genuine, personally.

The Litchfield Inn is a nice little hotel that sits right on the beach. They have a very nice restaurant that overlooks the beach & they also have a pool & bar/snack area beachside as well. I think the rooms (actually apartments) are individually owned and the Litchfield Inn maintains them & manages the rentals.

Another place you may want to consider is Pawleys Pier Village. These are four three story buildings that sit along the beach and have very nice condo apartments for vacation rentals. Two b/r's go for about $2k peak season & 3 b/r go for slightly less than $3k. You also get access to the private fishing pier. There is also a pool open to renters.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
I don't remember the Pawleys Pier Village, that sounds nice.
But......yes, the Inn is in a wonderful spot. A charming area.......
The beaches are great there. Less crowded.
In the summer months try to travel in the off times.......to any attractions......the traffic can be brutal. The aquarium is well worth a trip for the kids......the kids also seem to love Dixie Stampede.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:15 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,642 times
We stayed in Litchfield a few years ago and got tired of driving 20 miles back and forth to MB to do anything. We moved more north to Surfside/Murrells Inlet area and are very happy. 20 miles can be a pain when the traffic is heavy during peak times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina