Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 02:28 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,414,089 times

Advertisements

i don't follow baseball but i saw this and it is pretty cool a small college from SC is doing well in a sport.

https://t.co/AHgYHeHm5w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 PM

21,025 posts, read 27,276,302 times
The Chanticleers baseball team is doing very well this season, and they are making themselves known in collegiate baseball.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:18 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,893,184 times
For once, I can agree with you.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 AM

ok i don't care if you do or you don't. i'm expressing my opinion, not looking for validation from other people. i think that your main problem with me is i said that i oppose the bill that gave a subsidy to farmers on another topic.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,893,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok i don't care if you do or you don't. i'm expressing my opinion, not looking for validation from other people. i think that your main problem with me is i said that i oppose the bill that gave a subsidy to farmers on another topic.
WTH???? I simply agreed with you! Has nothing to do with the reason I dont like you! Once again, youve taken a post way OT from its original intent, but at least this time it was yours, not someone elses. Do me a favor and this time, please put me on your ignore list, and Ill put you on mine!!

Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
Anyway, back on topic:

This is great for the Chants, and a big reason I love college baseball. There's a lot of parity, even more so than basketball, in my opinion.

This is good for the state. USC and Clemson obviously have storied histories in the CWS, and I know The Citadel made it to the CWS back in 1990, but didn't make it nearly as far as Coastal has. Having another solid baseball school is great, and while Gary Gilmore will likely be a candidate for poaching by a bigger school, Coastal is in a good place to continue to do big things in baseball. They're set to move to the Sun Belt Conference, which is a good place for baseball, and are in a great location for year-round training.

And to make it to the finals is amazing. Arizona will be a tough competitor-- one of the winningest programs in college baseball. If they pull it off, that's some feat, but even making it this far has been quite a ride.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:43 AM

Coastal eliminated 2 or 3 SEC teams. That is the best part about it.

responding to the previous post, 'for once, i agree with you' has a different connotation than 'i agree with you'. this comes two days after you referred to my posts on here as 'drivel' and you have made similar negative comments in the past after I expressed an opinion on a topic. i am essentially ignoring you and i don't respond to or comment on any of your posts unless you direct one at me. in my view, you could have praised CCU without framing it in terms of me and you and our past interactions. and easy on the exclamation marks. i would say you and another person got a recent topic that I started about Greenville off topic by making it a Greenville vs Charleston thing, and Charleston wasn't mentioned in the article that I referenced.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 06-27-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 09:54 AM

730 posts, read 1,402,730 times
Don't see Gilmore going anywhere. He was Auburn's top target a few years ago and said he hadn't finished with his vision at Coastal and stayed. He's even older now, a grandfather as a matter of fact, and will probably ride it out at Coastal.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger17 View Post
Don't see Gilmore going anywhere. He was Auburn's top target a few years ago and said he hadn't finished with his vision at Coastal and stayed. He's even older now, a grandfather as a matter of fact, and will probably ride it out at Coastal.
I do hope that's the case. He's a Coastal grad and has been there for 20 years, so you're right, he's probably a lifer at this point. He's what, in his 50s?

Old 06-27-2016, 12:20 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,830,524 times
It's no fluke Coastal is in the finals. They were the best team in SC this season, and should have gotten the regional home berth that went to USC. They've made it to the finals despite being seeded near the bottom in every level of the playoffs. It's tough being a little fish swimming with the sharks.

They beat a number of ACC and SEC teams during the regular season, including defending NCAA champion UVA. They led all of the NCAA this season in home runs as well as runs scored, was top-10 NCAA in double plays, top-10 NCAA in total hits, top-10 NCAA in stolen bases. It shouldn't have taken the CWS for them to earn some coverage and respect, but I guess better late than never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina