Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:50 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I live in NJ and want to get out asap...I've been doing a lot of research and I'm interested in SC. In fact I went there last week for three days to check it out. I'm looking for an area that's fairly close to the beach but I would like a large property, maybe an acre or two. The town that seemed to fit most is Conway but I noticed a lot of trailers around the area. Anyone have some input about Conway or Longs? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2006, 05:06 PM

111 posts, read 598,736 times
conway = white trash

Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM

anyone else have an opinion? I did see trailers and what someone would call white trash but I also experienced really friendly people and there were several parts of the area that were beautiful with large new houses on large lots near (78)? I had lunch in downtown Conway and everyone was really nice and the shops were all upscale......designer clothing etc... I don't think people that are called "white trash" are shopping there.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,571 times
Quote:
I don't think people that are called "white trash" are shopping there.
I would be more worried about where the people who call other people white trash are shopping. Just my opinion. Sorry, Don't know much about Conway. Don't travel that way to often. But SC is a great place to live. Most of the time.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the reply....I agree that's why I said what I did.... I 've heard from several reliable sources that Conway is the next area to expand and investors are buying up land quickly to build and I would love to move in while the fires hot.

Still would like some opinions from people that live there.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:24 AM

111 posts, read 598,736 times
i lived in south carolina and am speaking from experience. Try johns island! I met a great guy from jersey who built a house on the water off bohicket road. Creeks that wind forever and almost no body lives there... Who wants to live anywhere where developers and buying up land!

Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 AM

Thanks..... I have looked in that area and for everything I want only dumping houses come up.

This is what we're looking for....We would like to be within 30 min. of a major airport, within 30 min. of a beach and have at least an acre of land to live on. Trying to stay under 225,000, so that being said.....outside Myrtle Beach so far has everything we're looking for.

We researched NC and every town outside Charleston, SC within 30 min., including Johns Island, Goose Creek and at least twenty other towns but could not find anything else that meets our needs and isn't a dump.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:12 AM

41 posts, read 201,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
Thanks..... I have looked in that area and for everything I want only dumping houses come up.

This is what we're looking for....We would like to be within 30 min. of a major airport, within 30 min. of a beach and have at least an acre of land to live on. Trying to stay under 225,000, so that being said.....outside Myrtle Beach so far has everything we're looking for.

We researched NC and every town outside Charleston, SC within 30 min., including Johns Island, Goose Creek and at least twenty other towns but could not find anything else that meets our needs and isn't a dump.

I beg your pardon:-) Summerville isn't a dump, and meets all your criteria (see my post above in first thread). N.Chas, Monck's Corner, Goose Creek, Jedburg are dumps, IMO.

_Karen

Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the reply but I didn't mean to say the area is a dump....when I enter our criteria into real estate web sites and search that area that's all that came up. I have never been there so I would never say anything negative about it. I'm open to Myrtle Beach area or the Charleston area but I've only been to SC once so I need opinions of others. When I search real estate sites in The Myrtle Beach area: 3 bedroom, 1 acre or more, near the beach and airport, lots of houses come up and mostly nice (except for some trailers, no offense to anyone....I want a house) The price is often around
160,000 and taxes btw 800 & 1200. I have not found that in the Charleston area but if anyone can direct me to information on the internet where I can find that...... I will definately appreciate it and check it out!

Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 AM

41 posts, read 201,171 times
Default Dumps

Hello, Rapture,

I'm sorry- I was just kidding. I make the mistake of thinking people can see my face when I send posts. I wholeheartedly agree, I want my own home and no dumps! I am picky (being from CA). It was just my way of saying I love Summerville. We live in a condo, and I would love a house here, but on one income...it's hard. We would also like an acre of land and a "real" house. I was checking online when I stumbled onto this forum. Out of curiosity, I am going to check around Myrtle Beach.

Thanks,

Karen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina