Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 12:24 PM

2,408 posts, read 1,590,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Hopefully better does the trick !
Well I prefer City over Real every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 09:07 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,720,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Well I prefer City over Real every day
Here in Miami (S Fl) its all La Liga and Spanish Teams...I don't care for them at all, I rather watch the EPL, Liga A and Bundesliga anyday before the spaniards.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Here in Miami (S Fl) its all La Liga and Spanish Teams...I don't care for them at all, I rather watch the EPL, Liga A and Bundesliga anyday before the spaniards.
do you watch MLS?

Old 07-23-2020, 03:17 PM

17,386 posts, read 15,554,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
do you watch MLS?
I do! I'm just a fan of the sport, and frankly, it's not nearly as bad as some die-hards try to make it out to be. One huge difference I've noticed is that MLS players, on average, seem to be shorter, smaller, and not as physically fit as EPL or La Liga players.

Quote:
How can you not like La Liga?????

Old 07-23-2020, 04:59 PM

MLS is better than nothing, it's still football after all. I follow Minnesota, due in no small part to Adrien Heath, who was one of my favorite players when I lived in the UK

Old 07-24-2020, 08:28 AM

I dream about the DAY the MLS will follow FIFA's Levels of Leagues all intertwined...Several Divisions, Several Age Groups, Demotions and Promotions.

Now it's a CIRCUS, like EVERY PRO SPORT in America. I have gone to watch The Orlando Team in Orlando play, every Season (At least one or 2 matches) since they moved to their Own Stadium, I will go see Miami Inter play when they start playing in Miami, I refuse to go to Ft Lauderdale, I had a terrible Bad Taste Left there When The Fusion was around, after 3 or 4 Seasons.

Mens Soccer in the USA will Never Amount to Much In World Soccer until the Day they re-structure the way the Leagues are present in 98% of the World.

I will attend games in Miami, but as you can see The MLS is really not fullfilling for my taste, in their present status.

Last edited by Huasho; 07-24-2020 at 08:39 AM..

Old 07-24-2020, 08:48 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,429,576 times
Quote:
I dream about the DAY the MLS will follow FIFA's Levels of Leagues all intertwined...Several Divisions, Several Age Groups, Demotions and Promotions.

Now it's a CIRCUS, like EVERY PRO SPORT in America. I have gone to watch The Orlando Team in Orlando play, every Season (At least one or 2 matches) since they moved to their Own Stadium, I will go see Miami Inter play when they start playing in Miami, I refuse to go to Ft Lauderdale, I had a terrible Bad Taste Left there When The Fusion was around, after 3 or 4 Seasons.

Mens Soccer in the USA will Never Amount to Much In World Soccer until the Day they re-structure the way the Leagues are present in 98% of the World.

I will attend games in Miami, but as you can see The MLS is really not fullfilling for my taste, in their present status.
Youd be called a eurosnob for having that opinion on some forums! I agree with you though. But my opinion is itll never happen, MLS is here to generate revenue for the MLS and nothing else. Its not about player development or advancing the US national teams.

Old 07-24-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Youd be called a eurosnob for having that opinion on some forums! I agree with you though. But my opinion is itll never happen, MLS is here to generate revenue for the MLS OWNERS and nothing else. Its not about player development or advancing the US national teams.
And that is WHY it WILL NEVER TAKE OFF in The USA correct. BTW they can call me a South American Snob and again ALL PRO Sports in this Country were created for millionaire Owners, that do noy give a CRAP for the Paying Fans that get a FAKE Champion Every Season on the Sports they Follow so dearly .

If FIFA is Corrupt, Wow ! Our Land, The USA Comands the World in LEGAL Corruption when it comes to Pro Sports, results, and Vegas Bettings.

Last edited by Huasho; 07-24-2020 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-25-2020, 04:06 AM

Back to the Champions . . .

All August's UEFA fixtures: Champions League, Europa League, Women's Champions League, Youth League

Read it Here: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...-as-it-stands/

Old 07-25-2020, 04:09 AM

AUGUST
8/9/10/11 August: Preliminary round

9 August: First qualifying round draw, Nyon
10 August: Second qualifying round draw, Nyon

18/19 August: First qualifying round
25/26 August: Second qualifying round
31 August: Third qualifying round draw, Nyon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer