Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:24 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,418,848 times

Advertisements

I personally think Klinsmann was bad for US Soccer as a manger and should have been in youth development. I thought he tried to play beyond the US skillset and they suffered for it.

Sunil is corrupt to the core, I wouldnt expect him to leave anytime soon.

Arcenal hit the nail on the head. US Soccer will absolutely never progress when it costs so much. I never understood why matching tracksuits are more important than a few cones and a ball like it is everywhere else. Youll never progress when you charge so much and dont involve all youth. The US, with its population should have one of the best teams in the world but they price themselves out of competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 AM

827 posts, read 632,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Then, there is the style of play they teach them: rush down the side and kick as hard as you can. They promote brute strength and speed rather than tactical play.
Looks like the english style of play. The "kick and run". I guess many soccer iinstructors in USA are from england or copy their style due language facilitys.

If you want to develop good skills and beautiful game, the best is to take a look at spain.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 PM

My manager back home was always watching Dutch football video's for training. If the US applied that system and focused on skills and tactical play it would still be decades before we see any effect from it. The long ball system has its place in US football because they are a poor side and would have to use it against bigger teams because as it does win games.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:40 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,994,081 times
The most I can say is, poor Pulisic!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:45 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,043,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Looks like the english style of play. The "kick and run". I guess many soccer iinstructors in USA are from england or copy their style due language facilitys.

If you want to develop good skills and beautiful game, the best is to take a look at spain.
Would that be the style of play that has resulted in all the English youth teams winning the world cup? Or are you perhaps just spouting stereotypical nonsense?

Old 02-02-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Would that be the style of play that has resulted in all the English youth teams winning the world cup? Or are you perhaps just spouting stereotypical nonsense?

Are you trying to argue that english football is traditionally not base on the "kick and run"?

Everybody who know football since more than 6 months won't tell the opposit.
Take the exemple of young team actually isn't an argument against the old tradition in english football.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Are you trying to argue that english football is traditionally not base on the "kick and run"?

Everybody who know football since more than 6 months won't tell the opposit.
Take the exemple of young team actually isn't an argument against the old tradition in english football.
Its just nonsense spouted by people that don't know football, the Premier League is stuffed full of foreign players and managers, each team has its own style of play depending on the manager and team resources, your analogy is just a fallacy.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:30 AM

https://spielverlagerung.com/glossar...ies/kicknrush/

Quote:
Kick’n’Rush, what is often called the long ball strategy, dominated the British football for decades

Kick, Rush and Goal !

Quote:
It is interesting to note that this association of long ball game with the British Style has a historic reason behind it.
I won't loose my time to provide millions of exemples

Old 02-05-2018, 02:28 PM

France only have to handball their way into world cups though.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
https://spielverlagerung.com/glossar...ies/kicknrush/

Kick, Rush and Goal !

I won't loose my time to provide millions of exemples
Because there aren't 'millions of exAmples', you are just spouting rubbish! Five different English clubs have won the European Cup/Champions League NO other country can boast that, are we to believe that all 5 won by playing 'kick and rush'? Its nonsense. Arsenal play 'kick and rush' do they? Liverpool play 'kick and rush' do they? Manchester City? Chelsea? Bournemouth? You don't know anything about English football, that much is obvious!
Whats next? All Frenchmen ride around on bicycles with onions around their necks? Try googling it and you will see it must be true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer