Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM

22 posts, read 153,363 times

Advertisements

Hey all, thought I'd share with you the new loft I'm renting in downtown Sioux Falls. It's in Shriver's Square on 11th and Phillips. It also might be fun for everyone to share a photo of their home and the city it's in.

Shriver's Square.

Kitchen.

View.

(http://g.imageshack.us/img70/cdw1up1.jpg/1/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM

193 posts, read 787,992 times
Default Here's my house

My house is going up for sale in Sioux Falls, so what the hay? I will post a picture of it. Look like you've got a great loft there, skate 342. They fixed your place up nice. Cool views!!
Anyone looking for a house to buy in Sioux Falls???
Attached Thumbnails
New Sioux Falls Loft!-2008-sept-015.jpg  

Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,941,151 times
Nice loft and house pictures. It will be interesting to see downtown with more lofts. I think that a lot of the lofts will attract people in their 20s and some older people who like to be close to entertainment and eating options. As more people move downtown, there will likely be additional services and more restaurants. I still need to try the NY style pizzeria downtown. I love pizza (and could have it all of the time) and would be interested in trying that.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,421,587 times
Great pictures!! I love the inside of that loft!
I drive past that building often, and would never have guessed that the inside is that nice.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 15,411 times
Does Shriver's Square have indoor parking?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:48 PM

106 posts, read 345,091 times
Shrivers Squares' parking is in the Mall Avenue Parking Ramp (Bus Terminal/Hub) area Park Ramp. Shrivers and that ramp are connected by a skywalk.

We looked at the Shriver's Square lofts maybe a week or so ago, they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The fitness center is very nice, the Guest Suite is nice, and the Units are amazing. The view (from the north units) are absolutely amazing.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,836,932 times
Gorgeous loft! Nice view, also. Just an odd question, is the Mall Avenue parking area (I assume garage) heated? I know native South Dakotans are probably laughing now, but it would be a concern of mine if I move there; it would sure beat having to warm the car up for one hour in -20F degree weather (if it would start at all.) I see that many apartments and rentals in Sioux Falls have heated parking areas, after all, so I figured I would ask.

Also, how much would a 1 BR/1 BA cost per month? Or a studio? I would think about 900 and 750, respectively, in a facility like that.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,421,587 times
jcm, here's a link to the Shriver's Square lofts:
Rental Listing
The Mall Ave parking ramp, unfortunately, is not heated. And no worries about the laughing... It rarely gets to -20 here in the winter. We seemed to have a colder winter this year. I still remember that night it was down to -40. My car barely started... but it did! I love my trusty Honda!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,941,151 times
I would like to see some loft like apartments with a future outdoor shopping center similar (where Galleria is at in eastern SF-east of the east side Wal-Mart and Menards) to some other centers across the country. Zona Rosa in the northern part of Kansas City, Mo is a neat shopping area and something similar in Sioux Falls would be neat to have. A main street type of set up with some fountains in the common areas and more of a parklike atmoshere instead of a bland concrete jungle.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 PM

22 posts, read 153,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Gorgeous loft! Nice view, also. Just an odd question, is the Mall Avenue parking area (I assume garage) heated? I know native South Dakotans are probably laughing now, but it would be a concern of mine if I move there; it would sure beat having to warm the car up for one hour in -20F degree weather (if it would start at all.) I see that many apartments and rentals in Sioux Falls have heated parking areas, after all, so I figured I would ask.

Also, how much would a 1 BR/1 BA cost per month? Or a studio? I would think about 900 and 750, respectively, in a facility like that.
MJ's right about the Garage not being heated, but it doesn't get real cold inside as long as you don't park on the top level. I never had to scrape frost or brush snow off my car this winter. There's a skywalk connected to the building too, so you don't have to even go outside to get there. Spots are around $60-70 a month or $0.60 an hour 9am to 6pm M-F.

There's no studios but 1 Bed 1 Bath start at $775.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls