Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 02:13 PM

21 posts, read 52,100 times

Advertisements

Anyone with experience moving from Dallas to Sioux Falls ?

I have it all packed - It will be a hard 2-day move I figure -

Anybody do this move before? Who did you use, suggestions if you did similar
"yourself" - Rent a truck, bribe a friend to drive it, drive your car yourself and then....you send them back! Hopefully...a very good friend.

Or - find total stranger to drive a truck you have loaded yourself - and same...

Or - a reputable, low-cost mover -

any ideas, suggestions, warnings greatly received...

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 04:04 PM

171 posts, read 671,305 times
I can't speak for TX-SD but I've moved across country twice, CA-NY and NY-CA and did it myself.

I would recommend Ryder, generally they don't charge by the mile which rocks, Penske and Budget have nice trucks, Budget you can get alot of promo codes for if you look.

We used U-Haul, it got us there (barely) and the A/C didn't work, brakes failed, 4 popped tires, etc.

as for moving companies, United, Allied and Mayflower are pretty good I don't know if they're inexpensive though, I doubt it.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 AM

50 posts, read 104,281 times
We just moved from Allen, TX to Rapid City. We rented a 26 foot truck from Uhaul, a 17 foot truck from uhaul and two car dollies. It cost us about 2500 for those plus fuel. I drove one truck while my wife drove the other truck, and my daughter drove our truck. It was a difficult move but really nothing eventful happened, It was just a long drive. Sioux falls should not be as difficult a drive as it is all interstate and should be about 8 hours shorter drive. It is definitely worth it though. It is wonderful up here and we have loved every second of the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls