Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:14 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,020,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziasforever View Post
Actually years ago, when I was a Shreveporter, Sunday alcohol sales were banned altogether. Progressive Bossier City started Sunday beer and wine sales and so it was the custom to drive over the S'port-Barksdale bridge to that gas station in front of the base after you had consumed what was left from the case you didn't polish off on the previous Saturday night.

Then the City of Shreveport saw how much tax revenue it was missing-out on and allowed Sunday beer and alcohol sales starting in 1994 or 1995. That was great because Thrifty Liquor was just around the corner on Youree drive from my house.

One thing I noticed is that grocery stores in BC stocked hard liquor right there on a shelf in the store. In Shreveport the stores had a separate walled-off section for liquor and beer if it indeed sold hard alcohol.

Finally, I miss the good-old days when you could drink it up at Fud's or Cowboy's or some of the bars near Centenary and then get something good at Murrell's or Joe's to soak up the booze! I also miss the friendly folks of the ArkLaTex but I don't miss the city so much.
Bossier started selling beer on sunday in 1978. Shreveport went all those years up until the 90's like you say. Reasoning being-Bossier put a proposition on the ballot in 78 just like Shreveprot did except that Bossier had alcohol sold with food at restaurants and package beer sales on sunday on one propostion. Shreveport split theirs into two props and while the alcohol with food passed, the beer measure failed. Just another example of the differences between how each city governs itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,093 times
Yeah, good 'ol days! Cowboys...maybe a little Sandpiper...Fud's and pool...and yes...all the places that ya go later...Murrell's on Kings Hwy. and (if I remember being there)...Darelle's (can't spell)...all I remember was a great breakfast buffet and seeing double of it! Great times...met lots of fun and crazy people along the way 1986 - 2000...yep!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM

529 posts, read 1,325,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwoodard318 View Post
Yeah, good 'ol days! Cowboys...maybe a little Sandpiper...Fud's and pool...and yes...all the places that ya go later...Murrell's on Kings Hwy. and (if I remember being there)...Darelle's (can't spell)...all I remember was a great breakfast buffet and seeing double of it! Great times...met lots of fun and crazy people along the way 1986 - 2000...yep!
Yeah! Fud's. He served food at one point. I used to drink in there when it was no big deal to consume underage. I was nineteen. We'd play pool or Galaga in there. I forgot about the Sandpiper.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,630 times
can you buy liquor on sundays in washington parish

Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM

94 posts, read 220,256 times
What's the reasoning behind the restrictions on Sundays? So you don't attend church drunk? So you sober up for work on Monday? Are there restrictions on drinking alcohol on Sundays?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,005 times
Can u buy wine on Sunday until 2 AM?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabossiercity View Post
Can u buy wine on Sunday until 2 AM?
Yes.What ever place You go to on Sat. night can serve spirits not only untill 2AM but as long as they stay open even if it goes untill 5Am or 7am Sunday they can serve but as soon as they close they can not reopen the same day and then sell .

Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,512 times
What time can you start selling beer on Sunday's in Shreveport Louisiana

Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Probably noon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City